Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to everyone, just picked up a 05 v-star 1100 last weekend, can't wait for spring for now :)

bit off topic, I'm having trouble posting in other areas of the forum, its states that I have insufficient privileges or my account is not active...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello, welcome & greetings from Ontario, Canada. You have to post a couple of messages in the new member area then you will have access throughout the forum. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome to the nut house!

As noted, you just need to post more.

If you want full privileges, you'll need to post pics of your ride, along with details and some history (how long have you been riding, what bikes, ever been to prison, etc. . . ).

And if you want access to the "private forums" you'll need to send a little something to Corsair (it used to be Stratowart, but he was voted off the island).

:D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you your snow is melting away and we will be riding soon.

If you have any question feel free to ask not sure how correct the answer will be but at least some humor will be involved.

·
Super Moderator
13,061 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little bit about me, never been to prison, I've been riding under 3 years but not as much as I would like too, I started on a 71 honda xl100 (paid 100 for it), then moved up too 80 honda cm400 (paid 440 for it). This year I decided to get a more serious bike that costs more then 500 dollars :rolleyes:.
I have tried many bikes at the dealers was mainly looking at the honda vtx1300 and the v-stars 1100/1300, vtx just seemed way to big and wide for me, I am a pretty slim person, 5'11" 159 lbs. but the v-star seemed to fit like a glove.

·
Registered
412 Posts
welcome to the forum! sounds like you have worked your way up, which is the same thing i did. congrat's on the purchase!

and by the way... the 'never been to prison' remark was funny. :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
i would imagine in all the intro's done this is the first one that says>>> Little bit about me, never been to prison.. to funny.

I have relatives on the east side im over there alot.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Well to be fair, Miescha did specifically ask him that. And hey, as far as I know, Miescha doesn't work in HR so it was probably legal to ask him. Welcome Fast. The second Honda you got looks a lot like the one my boyfriend got for his son to ride after learning on a 250. It was a pretty nice bike and he sold it for more than he paid for it...when it started gathering dust in the garage.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I think this is the first time anyone read my questions AND answered them - give that man a star!

(Get it .... Star .... Star motorcycles .... Vstar .... Roadstar ..... I give up)

I think it's funnier in this case if you don't read my question :D. "Nice to meet you, my name's Miescha, never been to prison ......"

"Me thinks he doth protest too much"

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the intro to this forum!

Hi,

I found your thread on installing HIDs on your bike on Google. Thats what led me to join this forum, so thanks!

Ps, I'll be adding a dual head light 35w xenon kit in the next few days. Very excited . . .

Thanks again,
pyro

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5655

i'm trying to get clarification as you should be able to post, but try posting one more time in here and then try again if it still doesn't work

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im from metro detroit area as well, finally replacing my beloved vulcan 2000 with......a vulcan 2000(vh exaust, thunder air filter/hyperchacher, power commander 3), thanks to you guys for helping me out was all set for a black roadliner but got a sweet deal on this should be picking it up next week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member from Temecula ,California
Couldn't figure out how to post on this site. Thought that I would have to become a paid member to post replies.
Anyway maybe this will open up the door. I have an 06 1100 classic. I love the bike and my wife and I have put over 20,000 miles on it in the last two years. Only things I've had to replace are tires and brakes and of course basic oil changes. Clutch is starting to slip so going to put new friction plates in tomorrow . Enjoy reading the post from other bikers . I have worked on all my own bikes for years and hope I can help others with some of there questions. Anyway ride safe and keep the shinny side up!

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Just a minute there Kevlin (if that is your real name). You're posting your new member intro in another members new member intro - and your not even a new member from MI. I'm calling a flag on that play!

Maybe, just maybe, if you had posted some pics of your ride we could let you slide - but this is an outrage!

You'll need to go post your own intro thread WITH pics and a formal history, including where you went to high school, your GPA and the girls you dated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry Miescha :-(
Like I said I couldn't figure out how to post in this forum. Thought I had finally found the page for new members and it's the only place that allows me to write anything. (My Bad!) Oh well thanks for the laughs! When and if I ever figure out how to maneuver around this site I will once again try a formal intro. Until then I guess I'll just follow your post Miescha you seem to be quite the character.
(kevlin92) - Kevin and Linda married in 92. Use this because it's easy to remember. Never been to prison but there is still time!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't use the motorcycle app yet as I switch between to many devices so its just easier to keep coming to the page. So I'm not a help on the app.

Welcome to the club even if you are from Cali.. I bet you get to ride most of the year.
You should also post your address so the snow birds can come visit when it's cold..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks KrazyKayak 75!
We're pretty lucky we ride 10 months out of the year here. Road last Saturday and Sunday it was in the 70's both days. Raining this weekend so no riding. Grew up in Chicago so I know about cold. Hope it warms up soon for you guys!

·
Registered
782 Posts
It sounds like you have a rough life living in Cali.
I'm going to install the app today as people told me how great it is s I wll try it. If. Get more confused I will ask you for help :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts