Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark here from Missouri
i am a Yammy guy from way back. had many other bikes but always returned to Yamaha.
Currently have Roadliner, RoyalStar, RoadStar, Raider, Warrior, V-Star 650, Virago 535.

Looking forward to learning; and contributing anything that i may have learned over the years.

Best regards,
Mark

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hi Mark! Where in the show me state are you from? Been to Missouri many a time, love the new Cardinals stadium and the Zoo in St.Louis. Please share some pics of your bikes with us, we love pics here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
I think the Virago 535 looks like a Vstar 650 that ran into a brick wall, but the rest of your collection is awesome :^)

If I lived alone and was retired my garage might turn into a motorcycle collection warehouse. It takes a bit of work to keep more than 2 bikes licensed, insured, inspected and on the road - I know a few people who have several bikes and they end up riding maybe 2 at the most.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the note
i am located in Joplin Missouri
other side of the state from St. Louis.

good riding area, near Ozark Mtns.
Out on job right now will post pics when i get back

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the bikes are in Great condition and ready to ride.
I ride the one that is the easiest to get out of the Garage at any given time.

the RoyalStar and RoadStar are the year 2000 Anniversary editions, keepers.

Since the yamahas are so reliable and easy to maintain, just do routine stuff, oil and filters and a new battery every few years.

by necessity i have become very knowledgeable regarding the Carbs, cleaning and and sync etc.
getting to know the fuel injection systems via the roadliner and warrior etc.

had to learn 'the-hard-way' with the Roadliner injector system, but now not so bad to get into.

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
I used to live a little bit south from Joplin. I remember when the tornado leveled a good part of it. Sad to see all of the damage.

·
2,479 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Nice collection and it sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge to contribute. I used to be a long haul trucker and stayed at a truck stop in Joplin about a month before the tornado hit. I couldn't believe the pictures were the same area.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,388 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, Kieth
We lived thru the Tornado, what an event??

we were Lucky, our house was about half mile away from the path of the tornado.
My wife's Hospital where she is a Nurse got destroyed.

it is a very long story but my family was safe, barely and we all survived, one car got pretty scraped up from wind and debris, but lucky that was the worst of it.
most all rebuilt now in Joplin.
Mark

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Mark I’m glad you guys made it through safely. I’ve been in 3 tornadoes and the damage and debris everywhere made it very eerie.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Mark I’m glad you guys made it through safely. I’ve been in 3 tornadoes and the damage and debris everywhere made it very eerie.

After seeing the damage from one around here i never want to be in one. For some reason Milwaukee proper doesn't get hit. They will usually go around our county. I don't know if Lake Michigan saves us. But i will heed every warning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts