Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my V Star 650 in November 2013, it's an '03. Have ridden over 11,000 miles since I picked it up. I commute regularly to work, which is a 50 mile round trip, but I also rode it to Sturgis this summer with a group of 11 other bikes. The bike did great for the 4,500 mile round trip and had no problem keeping up with the bigger bikes. This is a great all around bike, and I've discovered this is a great all around forum.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Hi Brian, welcome to the forum. Impressed you included a pic with your intro. The 650 is a great bike. Where in NC do you hail? I spent some time in middle NC. Feel free to join in, ask all the questions youd like, and share with us your best tarheel bbq recipes. Ride safe!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you on board and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keith,
Thanks for the welcome. I'm from a little town to the East of Raleigh (Wendell). I work in Cary, on the West side of Raleigh so my commute is an adventure around/through Raleigh on my V Star. When you talk BBQ to a North Carolinian, remember there are 3 styles: Eastern, Western, and Lexington style and they're all quite different. I prefer Eastern style, which has the vinegar based sauce. Some of the best, in my opinion, comes from Wilburs (in Goldsboro), Kings (in Kinston), and Parkers (in Wilson).

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
I hear ya Brian! I briefly lived in Rockwell and went to school in Salisbury. After a major car wreck i spent two weeks at Wake Forest University medical center. Personel were great there. The bbq does vary in NC. Where i live, theres a ton of different bbq restaurants, yet after visiting most of them, theyre quite similiar. Ironically to me, Kansas City bbq is very different from my area(metro memphis). I prefer the kc style myself. Ride safe!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Keith,
Thanks for the welcome. I'm from a little town to the East of Raleigh (Wendell). I work in Cary, on the West side of Raleigh so my commute is an adventure around/through Raleigh on my V Star. When you talk BBQ to a North Carolinian, remember there are 3 styles: Eastern, Western, and Lexington style and they're all quite different. I prefer Eastern style, which has the vinegar based sauce. Some of the best, in my opinion, comes from Wilburs (in Goldsboro), Kings (in Kinston), and Parkers (in Wilson).
Welcome from Durham. Work in Cary myself. I think we need to put together a starbikeforums ride soon. Seem to be a lot of people around here.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum eh. The 650 is a great little scoot but it has a tendency to give the owner a bad case of the dreaded CCitiss. Looks like you guys are going to be going on a ride in the near future. Make sure to post pics of it eh. Including the ones that may or may not incriminate .... :D Post often, join in and have some bbq for me eh.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts