Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have returned to the world of cruisers, and have just bought a new Star Raider S, 2012 model. I have had sport bikes, cruisers, started on dirt bikes when I was quite young, which I am not now. I traded a 2008 Yamaha FZ1 after just over 4 years of loving that bike. But, it's really great to be back on a cruiser, and I love this Raider. Much better bike, so far, than the VTX 1800 I had a few years ago.

I'm interested to see the myriad of tech posts, mods, all that good stuff!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed...very nice bikes for the BOTM. I'm looking forward to, step by step, making the Raider more my own. Although, I do have to say that this bike is really, really nice right from Yamaha. Not much I really have to do, just some things I want to do. The stock pipes, though nice looking and deep sounding, had to go. My wife's nearly stock R6 made more sound than the stock Raider. That's just not right...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha ha! Thanks! I will work on getting some pics up here when I get it all back together. Less than a month old, and it's in pieces in the garage for the first installs. I look forward to seeing what myriad of stories and info away on this forum, and with this bike. Each machine has carried an interesting mix of people...sometimes in good ways.

I just love motorcycles, and appreciate about all of them in some way. My wife has her R6 that she loves, and is comfortable on. Curled all up like a pretzel, but she loves that bike. I do too, but can't ride it for very long.

Anyhoo...so far so great with the Raider!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome aboard the krazy train. You will find all sorts of great info here. Some of it might even be what your looking for. Now this picture thing.. Do you really have a bike ?
Let's see it all taken apart. Won't be the first thread with bikes in pieces.

You prefer fries or baked potatoes ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL! I didn't think to take any pics with it all apart...ha ha! It's all back together, pipes on, sounds awesome! Here's a pic of it before the install...the other rider is my wife with her R6!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts