Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I'd like to take a sec to introduce myself and maybe get some opinions. I have an 2007 V-Star Custom 650. I bought it brand new in the summer of 07. It's the red/ silver stripe option. I rode it pretty often for the first 2 years I had it. However, since I joined the military 4 years ago, i've only ridden It a handful of times. I pretty much lost interest in it up until recently. I was pushing hard to get it sold until a friend showed me what a "bobber" is. I started looking at pictures of what people are doing with the 650's and was amazed at how good they look. I'm still undecided on what to do. I have a guy that is very interested in buying it because I'm selling it so cheap. The bike has been very well maintained and only has 4100 miles on it. The only reason I was selling it, is because I never rode it. But the idea of revamping the look has renewed my interest in it. I'm open to opinions and idea's. Let me know what ya'll think.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Well my son it's hard to tell you what we think if we don't see pics ;) . You just joined the military four years ago, why have you stopped riding? I'm retired military and I understand that it can be difficult to ride often but not often enough to sell. Anywho if your going to ride a bobber then go for it but it you think that your going to ride a bobber, well you know ....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, I'm also retired, but always had a bike around to just get out and clear my head I never though about getting rid of them unless I was upgrading:)

·
Super Moderator
13,065 Posts
howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5655

depends on how much you want to bob it. would the bobber look really make you want to ride it more often? are you willing to spend several hundred dollars, maybe a couple grand into the project? do you have the skills and tools to do it? you looking to do all the work yourself, metal work, or buy a kit where you can just trade parts out? do you have the time and will to do an extensive project like this?

it can be a big undertaking depending on how much you want to change it. if it will give you renewed interest in your bike and riding, i say do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts