Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from New Mexico, been riding for 35 yrs. retired military (Air Force 21 yrs) I have a 2001 V-Star 1100 Classic, given to me by my wife as an anniversary gift and been riding it since (she's a keeper-both my wife and the bike) I have close to 200,000 miles on it. It's down right now for electrical problems but I'll get it figured.
Well for right now to all my fellow riders "Keep the rubber on the road and the wind in your face" Everyone ride safe and God Bless
The Ducinator

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Very impressive on the mileage and welcome to the forum.Please tell us more on the things you have done to the bike in 200k.Wow.Just a heads up that you should post some pics.We take that very seriously around here.You also have to bring a sense of humor to the board.Not required but highly recommended.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.Don't forget the pictures.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be:D That's awesome you've been riding for 35 years. My arse hurts after only a couple hours:mad: You must have an aftermarket seat, mine is still stock:( Enjoy the forum and don't forget to bring your humor

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Greetings from Santa Fe Duc! Good to see another Land of Enchantment rider out there. Thats some impressive mileage on your bike there. I'm only up to 50K but its just an '07 and I stopped racking up the miles so quickly going back and forth between here and Ruidoso so often when I got another bike to split the miles across.

If you are having electrical issues you are fortunate to have a V Star 1100 guru just down the road from you in Bent. Talk to Tim Bondurant, tell him Lynx sent you ;) Heres his website http://www.metric-magic.com/ Although his site could use some work he's done some truly amazing and innovative things to these bikes, you'll have to check out the clear porthole he has put into his clutch cover as his latest mod. I'm sure he'll get you sorted quickly if you need the help and will be a good source for parts for you there without having to go all the way to Las Cruces or mail order things.

Cheers,
-Lynx

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

200K! Holy saddletime Batman! I'd have to add up all the odometers from all my bikes to reach that total, and possibly fall short of that number too,,,,then again, I ain't retired yet LOL!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
My dear Air Force retiree, you should of parked the bike for a quick moment and read the bbok of newb. It contains good information on what to do on your first post if you don't want to be harrassed by the book of newb keeper. I would believe you on the 200k but as the book states "if it's not posted, it don't exist" a pic that is. ;)

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Air force retiree. enjoy the site and post often.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info on Tim, I think I heard of him, not sure. Does he have the shop near the post office? Think I'll go up this weekend (or a least try) thanks again-stay in the wind
Duc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts