Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to forum here.
Bought a '12 950 Tour for my wife but it is too heavy and foot reach to the shifter is too long for her. So....I am riding it and she prefers my Triumph America. The vstar is so easy & convenient to ride I am not too bothered with the switch. LOL. But I do miss that parallel twin power!
Will be looking at tech info & specs and any tips from you all!

·
Administrator
13,270 Posts

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

StarBikeForums Bike of the Month - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

and please take our census

which yammy ya got? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

the Triumph America sure looks like a great bike on paper, and the power/weight/cc ratio looks tuff to beat. but you can make that back up on the 950 with some performance mods. and then with its new power, its nimble nature in the turns, and succulent flowing lines that make up its modern design style, you'll see why so many of us call it the greatest machine in the history of mankind.

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
Hi Sid, welcome to the forum from north ms. Love my 950, and bevo is correct. The performance mods you can make on these bikes will make up for any loss of performance from the Triumph. Ride safely, and keep us updated on any upgrades you make. We'll be glad to help you out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome everybody! I will definitely look for some performance mods. The Vstar just does not float my boat with performance, if you know what I mean.... I am sure you all can point me in the right direction. ;-)

Sorry for the long time between posts, I've been super busy the last couple of weeks.
I am thinking of picking up a new or slightly used touring or sport touring rig. Just not sure which one I am going to take the plunge for.
There are a handful I am looking at in no particular order: Wing, Trophy, Rocket 3, Thunderbird, FJR, Connie, Royal Star, maybe a Victory, Indian, Guzzi or God forbid, a Beamer..
I am not a big V twin guy, but my brother in law is a die hard HOG guy and keeps trying to convince me to drink that cool aid... I had a Tiger 955i before this Star and Bonnie, and love the big adv bikes, but my wife does not like to ride pillion on those, much less behind me on any bike! And I don't blame her one bit, I don't like the back seat either!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts