Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on everybody? New member to this forum. Owned my 03 vstar custom 650 for a while now. Bobbed it all out looks sick in my opinion. Started having the pickup coil problem it seems a lot of owners are experiencing... Only problem with fixing it is that I can't find a seller for my year make model. It all seems to be for 04 and newer. If anyone knows where I can buy one please help! Been searching for about 3 days now can't find one.

·
Super Moderator
6,407 Posts
Hi Colton, welcome to the forum. Have any pics of that sick bobbed out 650? Have you searched some of the many 650 websites? There's quite a few of them out there. Google them and you should be able to find one that can help you out. Ride safely, and share those pics with us and let us know where you hail from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,286 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't tried partzilla I'll check it out thanks! I'm out of Charleston, sc. Still somewhat riding weather here gotta get back on the road! Not sure yet on how to upload pics yet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The resistance was way higher than what it was supposed to be and out of all the research on this problem the pick up coil is usually the problem... All my grounds are good, I've placed jumper wires from cdi box to my ignition coils and still just that one doesn't get spark, thought about replacing the cdi box but for 300 bucks I wanted to look into more and it seems the pickup coil is normally the culprit

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome Colton, from southwestern PA. Look forward to seein those pics. Sorry can't help ya with pickup coil, but ya might try Ebay for some links. And sometimes can find good deals there. Good luck gettin it fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts