Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the forums, may have found the bike. Over the past decade I've owned CB750's and XS750's. The last three years I've been on a sport touring machine. I'm ready to purchase a cruiser I can stretch out on (knee problems, weight problems LOL). Found a local 2005 XV-1700 with 35k miles for $3600. It's a midnight silverado edition. Going to look at it this Saturday. Hopefully I'll have some more pictures to show after this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome from southwestern PA. Looks like the bike was well kept. May wanna ask about maintenance though. I don't know much about the 1700's, but sounds like a very good deal to me. I too had a CB750 once upon a time. Really liked that ride too. If you liked the 750, I'm sure you'll love the cruiser. Good luck in makin up your mind and look forward to more pics should you decide to purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it seems priced a little low... I already know they won't have maintenance history on it, it's not a private owner... To top it all off, we're supposed to get snow this weekend (Western Montana), so I may not be able to ride it :/ Everything I've read says 35k isn't that much. I don't mind working on a bike, but I don't have the funds to buy a $3500 motorcycle and have to do transmission work or anything... Thanks for your reply...

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts
Hi Flynj, welcome to the forum. The 1700 does look really clean, and don't be shy about asking for any maintenance records. Glad you joined us, and keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,279 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts