Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 V Star 1100 Classic
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ... New to the site ...this year will be my 4th riding season ...

A little about me...I began riding again after 20+ years of not. Used to ride Kawasaki's, Honda's Suzuki's when I was younger. I knew absolutely nothing about the V Star when I bought it on a whim (glad I kept my licence, all I had to do was buy a bike and get insurance). It was a great choice!

About the Bike...The bike was a low miler with some nice loud pipes added (no one can identify them btw). It also came with a stock backrest. Since I bought it, I added an Oil Relocation Kit, Michelin Commander II, Mustang Seat, Tachometer, National Quick Release Windscreen, Windscreen Bag, Tank Bib, Rear Fender Bib, Light-Up Skull Throttle Cover, Light-bar w/LED Lights, LED Headlights, Willie and Max Swing-arm Bag, Saddlebags, Kuryakyn Grips. I replaced the front (amber) and rear (red) reflectors with LED Lights, switched the speedo and tach bulbs to blue, and removed all the tags. I configured the bike so I can change from decked out to bobber-style in about an hour by removing the saddle bags, windscreen, read seat and backrest; adding the swing arm bag, rear fender bib.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,938 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. Sounds like a great bike. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

·
2,738 Posts
Welcome from the Maritimes. You made a great choice with the 1100, as I'm sure you know. I got back into riding on one after a 20+ year hiatus and it was good bike for that. I've since moved on to a bigger bike (Kawasaki) but I still hang out here because the people here are awesome.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Sounds like you have been busy making the bike your own. Keep checking in from time to time as there are others who will be looking to do the same upgrades that you have done. It will be good to have information to share with them. Snoop around and enjoy! Nice introduction by the way!

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
so... your bike is Dr Jeykel and Mr Bob

I keep my bikes naked unless Im taking a road trip or going to ride on the highway and need to put the windshield back on

sounds like you spent a couple thousand on the bike.. and twice that making it the way you like

·
Registered
2005 V Star 1100 Classic
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the comments - I do like the "Mr. Bob" look the best. But I do clip on the windscreen for the highways...especially the 400 series highways (anyone in the GTA will know what I mean where max 100 km = 140 km just to keep up with traffic.) I wear beanie half helmet and at those speeds I'll lose my shades without it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts