Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first bike a 07 v-star 650 classic 2 months ago.
Already put 2000 miles on it and love it.

Work wont allow image sharing websites so I will post pictures from home tonight

I joined this forum to learn more about my ride and get tips for my 2000 mile trip in august.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Way to go! That is what a bike is for....RIDING! Can't wait to see the pics. Post how many total miles is on her. Also where you plan to go on that road trip. Welcome to the forum, just joined myself ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Way to go! That is what a bike is for....RIDING! Can't wait to see the pics. Post how many total miles is on her. Also where you plan to go on that road trip. Welcome to the forum, just joined myself ;)

The mileage is 19255.
I am driving from Rolla MO to Daytona FL and back the first week of August.
This weekend is my first long trip. I am riding to Kansas City and back. Since buying the bike I have only been driving to and from work and school.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nice looking ride, welcome to the 4M

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dude! When you said 650, I was thinking a lot smaller. Looks like a cruiser to me, nice going on that buy. All the things you got on your bike I need. Driving lights, 2 into 2 exhaust, I'll bet you got a throttle lock. I have a break away coming to the house as we speak. Trouble with the Throttle assist from KURYAKYN.

What kind of exhaust, and how does it sound?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dude! When you said 650, I was thinking a lot smaller. Looks like a cruiser to me, nice going on that buy. All the things you got on your bike I need. Driving lights, 2 into 2 exhaust, I'll bet you got a throttle lock. I have a break away coming to the house as we speak. Trouble with the Throttle assist from KURYAKYN.

What kind of exhaust, and how does it sound?
I bought it for 3500. it had 17200 when I bought it.
It has
Yamaha passing lights
yamaha saddle bags
yamaha windshield
Vance and Hines pipes
Highway bars and pegs
Stock Seat
Yamaha luggage rack

I dont have a throttle lock but i need to get one. I mostly drive around town now but will definitely want it for my long trip.

The vance and hines pipes sound awesome. Driving around town it rumbles and then purrs when you hit 4th or 5th going 40.

Welcome, love the visors on those lights. What brand are they ?
they are yamaha visors. I love the lights but the two passing lights wont turn on when the high beam is turned on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought it for 3500. it had 17200 when I bought it.
It has
Yamaha passing lights
yamaha saddle bags
yamaha windshield
Vance and Hines pipes
Highway bars and pegs
Stock Seat
Yamaha luggage rack

I dont have a throttle lock but i need to get one. I mostly drive around town now but will definitely want it for my long trip.

The vance and hines pipes sound awesome. Driving around town it rumbles and then purrs when you hit 4th or 5th going 40.

they are yamaha visors. I love the lights but the two passing lights wont turn on when the high beam is turned on.
Very nice looking!
Looks like ya got V&H Cruzers & they do sound good!
(Add Ziv's GAK & you'll really wake that bike up!)
If the passing lights go off with the highbeam, that's how the orig owner wired them in. I wired mine so that they are on all the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts