Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

959 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  nurtaeff 
#1 ·
Hello, looking at a touring bike to add to my garage, I own a HD XR1200 and a Yamaha RZ350 frankenstien The two bikes i am looking at are the V Star and Road Star. leaning towards the V The new bike will be used for a retirement cross country 4 to 8 week tour of America.

#2 ·
sounds like a plan, but I think you are going to need more than 8 weeks to tour america

more like 4 to 8 years!

My parents had a big motorhome - would take off after christmas and not come back till May - for about 12 years.

Reactions: Keith Post
#7 ·
Welcome to the forums. I also wish I had the time to take a tour like that. I agree that both are great bikes.

I have an 1100 which is great for running around town and cruising backroads. It can hold its own on the highway too but if I was doing any amount of touring I'd step up to a Road Star, especially if packing for a road trip. With me and my wife the 1100 will cruise at 75 but it's working a little harder than I prefer and the longer legs of the Roadie would make for a much more comfortable ride. Plus you'll have some in reserve for hills and passing.

Just my .02.

#8 ·
+ on that. That's why I switched to Road King. Much more comfortable and smooth ride on the highways and less shifting comparing to my old Stryker. I could probably get the Stryker run better with Ivan's flash and 30-tooth pulley, but IMO stock HD already feels great out of the box. Weight is not an issue and I can cruise around the town just like it would be on something smaller. I think Road Star is similar to RK in that matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.