Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new member to the forum. I have a 2009 V-Star 1300 that I bought a few years back. Currently stationed in Italy and love being able to ride all over Europe! The pic is from shortly after I bought the bike.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Looks nice. Hopefully you have a chance to enjoy the local food there. I haven't been there yet but I've heard good things.

Welcome from Antioch, CA.

Where's your hometown and state?

And, Thanks for your service and what your doing for your country.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Boots. Food is pretty good in Italy. I'm originally from about 45 minutes south of Houston but haven't been around there in years. Uncle Sam keeps me moving.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
How did that work with the motorcycle? Did you own it in the USA and have it shipped to Europe? Did the service / employer ship it for you? Are you on the hook to ship it back?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KCW I bought the bike when I was stationed in Utah. The military will ship motorcycles as part of your household goods for free as long as you stay under your allowable weight. So there is no charge on my end shipping it to or from Italy.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi guys, new member to the forum. I have a 2009 V-Star 1300 that I bought a few years back. Currently stationed in Italy and love being able to ride all over Europe! The pic is from shortly after I bought the bike.
Great looking bike! Must be a wonderful thing to bike around in Europe.

I was stationed in Spain many years ago. Saw a lot of Europe, but not Italy. One of these days...

·
2,479 Posts
Welcome from cold and wet Atlantic Canada, where it'll be a few months before I can ride again. Always wanted to tour Europe on a bike. Must be some beautiful roads.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
My father had a ~1934 BMW R4 in Germany after the war. I wish he could have gotten that shipped home when he returned in 1946. I think it would have changed his life... Never rode a MC after that.

https://www.bike-urious.com/1934-bmw-r4/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Preacher15. And that's a cool looking bike KCW.

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee. Thanks for your service as well! Great looking bike and I’m glad you can cruise around Italy on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts