Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to join a forum. My name is Todd and I live in Georgia, but I'm from California. ganemesis is my poker handle. I bought a 2015 Yamaha V Star 950 Tourer in December 2016 and I enjoy riding it. Recently, I added three Cobra modifications: chrome cross air intake, 4 inch slip on muffler, and the FI2000R fuel management system. I love the sound and the low end torque. I haven't ridden it, except around the neighborhood. I set it according to Cobra, 2.5, 6, 6. We will see how it goes and if any adjustments are needed. Around the neighborhood, a quick test run, and I experienced a few minor backfires. Not real loud, and only a few. Most of the time on deceleration, it was fine. Zero hardware came with the muffler, so I used the original bolts and got two nuts and used Locktite. Had one bolt issue on the air cleaner mounting bracket. Locating and connecting the fuel injectors was not fun. It is very tight and challenging when just lifting the tank. Overall, minor difficulties easily overcome. Long term, I expect the upgrade to work well. Better sound, louder on the road should equate to improved safety, and better performance.

I look forward to learning from fellow members. Cheers.

·
2,478 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Got any pics you'd like to share?

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hi Dan! Welcome from next door to you in East Tennessee, I’m also a transplant from Cally, and my wife and I both ride 950”s. The mods you made on yours are much like the mods we’ve made. These bikes run so much better as they come very lean from the factory. Try to use ethanol free fuel as much as possible. Ask any and all questions in the VStar section, and you can pm(private message)me anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,388 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts