Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, new to the community but definitely not new to 2 wheelers. Just purchased my first Yamaha a 07 1300 Tourer and an getting used to it, been a bit of a learning curve 馃榾

Super Moderator "Loose Nut"

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the info but I've been riding for 30 years. By no means am I an expert but after 20 or so bikes owned I feel comfortable on them. I do however respect the fact that people like you care enough to suggest training, it definitely never hurts.

Welcome from Atlantic Canada. The 1300 is a beautiful bike. Post a pic when you can.

Registered
I recommend everyone take the experienced rider course. There are many good reasons to do it: You must ride your own motorcycle. It's fun, laid back, and challenging. It's only one day long. It's cheap (tip: sign up months in advance, because enrollment fills up fast}. It's a great way to meet other great motorcycle riders. And it's another great reason to get on your bike.

I've been riding for 24 years, and I've enrolled in the experienced rider course 4 times so far. I can confirm that skills learned during the Experienced Rider Courses saved me from serious injuries. Specifically: Look with your eyes where you want to go, and don't look at the grill of that fast-approaching vehicle that just crossed the yellow centerline.

Registered
Here's one pic of the gal , had to take the mustang seat and backrest off because of my height it put me way forward, looking to get an E.D. seat or modify the backrest on this MS.
What is your height? Ultimate makes a tall boy seat for most Yammies (I believe) and it made a world of difference for me. Also a huge fan of the backrest. I am 6鈥7鈥 and the ultimate put me in the right position on my 鈥榣iner...as I鈥檝e mentioned here before, I can lean back and pritnear fall asleep on the highway.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 6'3 , the bike came with a Mustang seat and I emailed Mustang, they got back with me pretty quick with some suggestions so I purchased the offset bracket for the drivers seat. We'll see what that does.

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum Joreese2!
Nice looking bike you have there. Lots of 1300 owners here. Wife and I ride it鈥檚 little brother, the 950. Glad you joined us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts