Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just signed on. Happy to be aboard. I drive an '07 Stratoliner, and LOVE this bike !! They are awesome machines. Looking forward to tapping into the knowledge of other more experienced Star owners here in the future. Have a blessed weekend !!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, baby! Stratoliner!!!! I just got an 08. What a beast. I am sure others will chime in but everybody likes to see pictures. How many miles does your bike have? Where do you call home?

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Love the Strat - classy and powerful. I'd love to see a pic too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, baby! Stratoliner!!!! I just got an 08. What a beast. I am sure others will chime in but everybody likes to see pictures. How many miles does your bike have? Where do you call home?
My Strat is an '07, with 11,000 miles on it (bought it two years ago with crazy low miles on it, which I am trying my best to change !!). I don't have a picture downloaded yet, but she is Dark Cherry, with passenger floorboards, "fat" crashbar, "Ultimate" replacement seats with driver backrest, passenger backrest and rear luggage rack, the 3-bar front fender trim piece, and a tinted Clearview wider windscreen with center vent. It's the "S" model, so pretty much everything is chromed. Engine is untouched. Probably will get the Ivan's reflash done to the computer in the off season. I am located in Northeastern Ohio, up by Lake Erie, in the corner of the state. Thanks for the welcoming committee !!

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
@erock, Post a picture for @blackadder of your windshield. He's thinking about getting the same one and wants to know how it looks like.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My Strat is an '07, with 11,000 miles on it (bought it two years ago with crazy low miles on it, which I am trying my best to change !!). I don't have a picture downloaded yet, but she is Dark Cherry, with passenger floorboards, "fat" crashbar, "Ultimate" replacement seats with driver backrest, passenger backrest and rear luggage rack, the 3-bar front fender trim piece, and a tinted Clearview wider windscreen with center vent. It's the "S" model, so pretty much everything is chromed. Engine is untouched. Probably will get the Ivan's reflash done to the computer in the off season. I am located in Northeastern Ohio, up by Lake Erie, in the corner of the state. Thanks for the welcoming committee !!
lesblank beat me to it but yes, I want to know all about the Clearview windscreen!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have tried three times to load pics, and even went out and took more. Every time, it says that the file is too large. I guess it has to be about the size of a postage stamp to accept it. I've reduced resolution more each time I took a new group of pics. Wow. Anyways, that said, what can I tell you about this windscreen ?? I would even be receptive to a personal Email at [email protected] for the time being. Still working on setting up account details. This is just day two for me here. I'm trying my best to figure out the quirks of another forum. I am absolutely SOLD on this windscreen. This is my third one on my bikes. I won't even look at another option. The center vent is a MUST. I went 4"wider, and went with the 20" tall version. I'm 5'10", and it works out great. If you prefer to look "through" yours, the wind noise and buffeting completely disappear !! My preference also is.....go tinted !! Sorry I couldn't help with pics. My private Email account will accommodate those though !! Thanks. -Eric

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have tried three times to load pics, and even went out and took more. Every time, it says that the file is too large. I guess it has to be about the size of a postage stamp to accept it. I've reduced resolution more each time I took a new group of pics. Wow. Anyways, that said, what can I tell you about this windscreen ?? I would even be receptive to a personal Email at [email protected] for the time being. Still working on setting up account details. This is just day two for me here. I'm trying my best to figure out the quirks of another forum. I am absolutely SOLD on this windscreen. This is my third one on my bikes. I won't even look at another option. The center vent is a MUST. I went wider and went with the 20" version. I'm 5'10", and it works out great. If you prefer to look "through" yours, the wind noise and buffeting completely disappear !! My preference also is.....go tinted !! Sorry I couldn't help with pics. My private Email account will accommodate those though !! Thanks. -Eric

Eric, several people on the side use an app called Tapatalk. I'm not a huge fan of apps but if you use Tapatalk you can upload very large graphic images - for some reason. The other thing I have done is use a site called https://resizeimage.net/. If you upload your image, you can get it resized pretty easily. I tend to go to Area 4 on the page and try sizes in the 640 x 480 size to get the image under 192 mg (or whatever the size restriction is).
Save that file to my HD and then I seem to be able to upload. Using resizeimage I changed pictures from something in the range of 4000 x 2640 down to a size where it uploads to the site and looks decent with about 4 clicks of the mouse. might be worth trying. Also, resizeimage deletes your pictures after an hour.

Anyway, I'll be sending you an email and you can shoot me pictures of that windshield. The screen on my bike is OEM Yamaha and 25 inches tall. I'll say this, it blocks the wind but I decided I am not a fan of looking through it. I am 5' 10" as well but tall from the waist up. Lesblank helped me measure and I might go one up from yours in height but I have also heard installing lowers can reduce buffeting.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
To post larger pictures I use imgbb
https://imgbb.com
Just open, start upload, choose picture, upload, copy full bb code. Paste in thread. There is not a limit size restriction. Try it and let me know how it works for you.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I use ImgBB to post pics here. It's a free file hosting site. Just go there, upload the pic, select full BB code from the options, then copy and paste the link to your post. The picture will be full sized and you won't have any size constraints.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My dad got a new Strat a couple years ago after an inattentive soccer mom took out his v star 1800. Told me a Stratoliner will be his last bike, even if he meets that soccer mom again. Absolutely loves it. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!
Sounds like a great looking ride, looking forward to seeing some pics once you get them to upload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts