Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. I just joined and hope that I can learn a lot about the Roadstar Silverado S and meet some neat people. I just bought mine in February after having a wreck and totalling out my last bike. Unfortunately I've only ridden my new bike about 3 times because just after I got it they put my right leg in a cast because of torn ligaments and cartlidge in my foot. Of course this was from the wreck. Suppose to get cast off on Monday Apr 1st. Yahooo! Will finally be able to ride my bike again. Maybe someone out there can answer a question for me. My bike is a 2007 Road Star Silverado S Midnight Express. The times I have ridden it, it seemed to have problems on the road of tracking. It has Avon tires on it and I am thinking of putting a set of Metzler's on it to see if this helps with the tracking. Does or has anyone else had any problems like this with their bike? Or is this something that is normal with the Yamaha's. This is the first time I have owned a Yamaha. I've owned Honda's, and Suzuki's. Help!

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome Toad!

Pics of your bike will help you heal faster and help us answer your questions.

OK both of those are lies, but we still like pics :D

On the tires/tracking, what tires are you running front and rear - specifically?

Do you have a mix of Radial and Bias Ply tires?

·
Super Moderator
13,209 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the the replies and welcomes. Just looked at tires to be sure of type and they are Avon Venom's. Tire pressure is good because I checked it and checked with my mechanic for ccorrect pressure for these tires. I know they are a hard ply tire so I thought that might have something to do with the tracking. I plan on taking the bike over to him and get him to check out the front end as soon as I can ride again (3 days and a wakeup).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome bud. I'm new on here too but a long time rider of cruisers and rice burners. Just got a 2012 stratoliner myself. I see you are in Florida, I ride down there sometimes, nice roads. Except I10, boring!! Lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
That cast could come off quicker, if the 4M had pics of the bike.... uhm, really, it works.... uhm really. PICS, Pics solve everything.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but pics..... pics help us all to see the bike and to want to help (ok, well we all want to help already) but pics, pics do it for us on here...... need them, got to have them...... OMG :O I think I have a problem...... Miescha, I think I need that number again to pics anominous

1 - 8 of 8 Posts