Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's,
first time in any forum. Looks like a ton of valuable information. Been riding a Stratoliner since 2006. My service shop can't pin point the intermittent missing problem. Looking foward to the forums...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the mother ship fellow strato rider. What color? Post a pick. You know gray is the fastest.lol Your right there is a lot of info here and great people to back it. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maroon may not be fastest but it is agile. I'll have to figure out how to get pictures up here soon. I'll spend some time in the forum tomorrow and the weekend, unless Im riding. Thanks........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guy's........Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing my 2006 stratoliner to miss intermittently. When you maintain a cruising speed it will miss, as soon as you give it a little gas or decellerate it stops missing.It has had PR big air kit,O2 sensor off,Roadhouse slip on,power commander3, for four years without problems. The plugs were just changed which did make it perform better, but still missed on maintaining a cruising speed. Wondering if anyone has expierienced this with their Strat. Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Maroon may not be fastest but it is agile. I'll have to figure out how to get pictures up here soon. I'll spend some time in the forum tomorrow and the weekend, unless Im riding. Thanks........
Welcome to the 4M Rick!

I have an '09 Strat and haven't experienced any "cut out" yet.

There's this guy on here, goes by the name Springer, he calls that color "blackcherry" because he thinks it sounds faster.

And "gray" is fast enough to be a HDeater but the undisputed fact remains that "blue' is the quickest color for motorcycles.:D

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Blackcherry it does sound faster, I like it.

Yeah. "Blue" and "glue" rhyme. About the same sticky performance, too...:D

I suspect your "missing" is probably due to mixture (too lean). US EPA emission standards have resulted in lots of bikes, perhaps all, straight out of the crate set with lean mixtures. Had the problem on a new '07 Shadow and even my Black Cherry dream machine pops a little decelerating downlhill.

But the pro's are folks like Diesel Dave and LinerDave and Fulltilt and a few others. The rest of us are just peanut gallery...:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was a picture perfect day on Pacific coast highway yesterday with my "black & cherry" strat...In order to have the fuel mixture checked, should I have a Dyno done on it,or is there some other way...Thanks guy's...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts