Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Long Island. I am a new member with a question. I just bought a 2005 v star 1100 classic. Don't know when the oil was last change and would like to change it. The bike has a oil relocation system on it would the oil filter part number be the same as the factor installed oil filter thanks for your help

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. Glad to have you join us. Mine has the relocation kit and it takes a 313C. The C is because I use a chrome one. Post often and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome Joe! Post up some pics of that classic and tell us a little more about you - your riding experience, what kinds of rides you like to do!

The folks here are great and you'll get lots of help when you need it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a little about myself. Just started riding this year always wanted to ride. My first bike is a 2005 V Star 1100 classic with 8300 miles on it. Living on Long Island and taking long rides out east to all the little towns and getting a bite to eat is relaxing. Married with 2 kids ages 22 and 16

·
Super Moderator
6,410 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. How about some pics of your 1100? We're glad you joined us, and everyone is correct, this is a great forum. We have several members with 1100s and they're all very informed. Ride safe and post often!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
44 Posts
What Old Vstar Man said. I know they are different but not sure what the part number is though... not sure if different brands of kits take the same filter or not? I just went in the local dealership and told em I had a relocation kit on mine and they gave me the right one.

You might be able to just take the old filter off and look for a part #.

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Old Vstar Man, the freeauction
I stopped by the local bike shop. Will have them do the first oil change. Also to give the bike a once over just to be safe. Then I can get the part number to do them myself from then on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts