Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a new member from Maryland, and I have been riding for less than a year. I started off with a 1997 Honda Shadow 650 and that lasted me about a month before i got tired of it ;) I would hit 60mph and it would start screaming at me. Plus it was only a 4 speed. Great bike to learn on though!

I upgraded to a 2003 V-Star 1100 Classic and I love it. I am addicted to browsing for new accessories and now browsing these forums. This seems like a great place to find advice, and answers to a lot of my questions.

here is a pic of my bike

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sheesh, is there anyone from Maryland who HASN'T joined....!?!

Just kidding. Nice looking bike!

Welcome, and enjoy the ride......

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Good looking bike. i like the passenger seat and back rest. Wish I had the same. My wife does not like her small saddle.
Welcome to the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very nice bike. Looks to have some nice aftermarket mods (seat, pipes, highway bars). If you have the saddlebags, put 'em on - you won't regret it! See you down the road.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. nice lookn scoot and a fast lookn one by the color.Keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! Yes, the mustang seats, the cobra pipes, the windshield, and the highway bars are aftermarket. I also added the chrome side covers and boomerang covers. I'm thinking about removing the passenger seat and backrest. my wife wont ride, so i really dont need it. Any suggestions as to what would look good instead of the backrest and luggage rack? also, how do you think the mustang seat would look on its own?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Seat would look fine on it's own. I've always liked that look.

You know, they say 90% of all irritating sounds you hear while riding can be solved by removing the passenger seat....! :)

If you feel it's not the look you want, farmall can tell you where to find a fender rack for $.50 cents!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Seat would look fine on it's own. I've always liked that look.

You know, they say 90% of all irritating sounds you hear while riding can be solved by removing the passenger seat....! :)

If you feel it's not the look you want, farmall can tell you where to find a fender rack for $.50 cents!
Cost 4.95 and some guy offered me sex for it, AND YES I sad no:eek:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
here is a pic of my bike

http://imageshack.us
I like the look's of spoke wheels. Welcome to the forum. A solo rack will look good if you can do something with the tag:rolleyes: I moved my tag over to the angle of my bags. It's OK but without bags it may not look right. So the snag is the tag.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hello and welcome to the 4M.

damn fine looking scooter too!

If there is a legal limit on the amount of chrome, I think there might be a warrant out for your arrest. :D

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the fun house...from another citizen of this crazy, mixed up state of ours. Congrats on the upgrade and for having a fine looking scoot! Plenty of great information found here and even a few laughs from the crazy folks we have.

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts