Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my first Yamaha (08 White Stratoliner). Coming from the dark side (former HD Road King owner) and I must say so far the bike is pretty impressive. I'm really looking forward to the dependability and durability of the Yamaha. I love these forums, they are so helpful! :D

Registered
I'm curious what got you to leave the dark side. I have friends that say once you go to the dark side you never go back.
Bubba

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Registered
I'm curious what got you to leave the dark side. I have friends that say once you go to the dark side you never go back.
Bubba

He liked owning a Harley. But he wanted to be able to ride too!

馃嚭馃嚫 Ride your own ride. 馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
I have friends that say once you go to the dark side you never go back.
That's because once you dump that kind of money into buying, repairing, insuring, repairing, maintaining, repairing, and repairing a Harley, you don't have anything left to buy a real bike with. It's financial quicksand. :D

Welcome aboard, tomb, glad you were able to escape. Enjoy your new ride.

Registered
Welcome to the light! Now instead of spending all that money repairing you can mod out your new ride :D

(BTW: These guys have a bit of a thing about pics.... you should probably post one or two before they get grouchy;))

Registered
Welcome Tomb!

You have made a great choice! I wouldnt trade my Strat for an HD for no ones money. You will see what I mean once you have put a few thousand miles on her. :D

Lots of good stuff here. Lots of good people here too. I am sure you will enjoy the shared knowledge and the jokers here.

Enjoy that shiney beast of yours. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Bubba

Got REALLY tired of the valve train issues with the twin cam motor. I do all of my own work, the bike was an 03 and according to Harley the only resolve was a $2800 gear drive set which may or may not have worked depending on my crank run out. Long story short... I like to choose when to work on my bike. I don't like it when it chooses that for me! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
He liked owning a Harley. But he wanted to be able to ride too!

���� Ride your own ride. ����
I loved the look of the Harley very much. And component wise it was of high quality. But I cannot stand piss poor engineering and Harley's better than thou attitude. After all the issues with it and talking to some of the service managers across the Indy area (especially one telling me that Harley knows about the problem but does nothing about it because it gets you back into their dealerships!) I decided that my Harley experience was over! And then low and behold my bike came with a full service manual and just flipping thru it I see the Stratoliner has gear driven cams! :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the light! Now instead of spending all that money repairing you can mod out your new ride :D

(BTW: These guys have a bit of a thing about pics.... you should probably post one or two before they get grouchy;))
Thanks! I will post them as soon as I get some uploaded to photobucket!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the forum tomb. NOW, where's the pics? M'Lady warned you about grouches ;). Just razzin ya a bit.
With all the money your gonna save, you'll be able to buy tons of nice mod stuff and lots of gogo juice to ride all over. :)

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.
Here you go. So far I have on order a laydown license plate bracket, new handlebars and I put in the classifieds a WTB for a stock front seat. (if anyone wants to sell one PM me)

Registered
I will assume that the wet spot there on the drive way, beside the rear of the bike, is just drool. :eek: :D

Nice Scooter!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I will assume that the wet spot there on the drive way, beside the rear of the bike, is just drool. :eek: :D

Nice Scooter!
It would be really funny to say it was from that pile Harley but actually one of my wifes girl friends car leaks. Gonna have to tell her to park it in the road! :p

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
So far I really love the bike but I need to do something with the seat! I love corbin's stuff but it's made for a TALL person and at 5'10" I do not qualify. Gives me to much room front to back.

Registered
Shoot tomb! I'll swap ya a stocker the Corbin. And mink oil will keep those bags looking great!

馃嚭馃嚫 Ride your own ride. 馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Shoot tomb! I'll swap ya a stocker the Corbin. And mink oil will keep those bags looking great!

���� Ride your own ride. ����
I would but my wife sat on the stock seat of a Stratoliner we were looking at in the dealership and she did not like the passenger seat at all.
I think what I'm going to do is put the corbin up for sale and go with a mustang 2 piece.

Registered
Having a little trouble with my strat should have bought a hd it has 2500 miles and right now in battle with Yamaha over getting a new miter or new bike and they don't want to do either

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 20 of 22 Posts