Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I'm happy to be joining the group as i just bought a new V star motorcycle. Well ok not new but used, i have a 1100 cc Vstar 2006 model. I haven't ridden since 2013 but i'm happy to be back in the saddle, i have a few issues with the bike but i'll post those in the tech section and hope one of you can point me in the right direction.

Glad to be back!

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Hi MM, welcome to the forum and back to riding. Please share some pics of your 1100. We have several members that ride them, so you get any questions answered. There's a lot of knowledgeable folks here. Ride safely!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome MM, from southwestern PA. Congrats on acquisition of yer new ride. And like Keith said, post up some pics when ya can. One important thing to remember about these bikes is "Never" use throttle when starting. Changes timing. They have a one way starter clutch that can be taken out if engine kicks back. Kind of a costly repair that can be avoided for the most part. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys will post some pictures later today, hoping to get this running soon, got it home and quit on me still trying to get it up and running. The one thing i read not to do was the throttle i dont' want to replace the starter in it too expensive, right now i have no idea whats wrong with mine. i have a thread going in the other section so we'll see if we can get it going, otherwise i might take it into a shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts