Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 04 1100 Classic for four months now, and enjoy riding it at every opportunity. No upgrades to speak of yet. Had been off of a bike for over twenty years. I look forward to reading the forums. cycle.jpg

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :D What part of the world do you ride in?

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

Only prison would have me off a bike for 20 years (I hope I didn't go too far and cross some line here :D)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reply to Welcomes

I live/ride in southeast Texas. No line crossed, not prison........just took me that long to convince the wife I would ride safe. I really enjoy the VStar. It is my first venture into the cruiser world. I am averaging about a thousand miles a month, that may slow down due to the onset of winter. That forty-five minute ride to work seems awful short since I have been riding. I purchased the bike in mid June and it only had 8723 miles on it, for an eight year old bike that seemed amazingly low. Just put on some generic hard bags and a sissy bar (for the wife), next purchase will be a trunk and a set of Ultimate seats. Keep the rubber on the asphalt and the chrome where the bugs can hit it!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What do you mean
may slow down due to the onset of winter.
Your in Texas man, 1 inch of snow early in the morning and gone by 8 AM is not winter. I'll give you some cool temps but winter. :D

Just ribbin ya a bit.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

Check out what we ride up in the great white north in the winter :eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Winter down here means a lot of people not knowing how to drive on slick roads/overpasses. In the late eighties, I rode a Honda Nighthawk in Ketchikan, Alaska. It got pretty cool there at times. Ridin' in snow ain't much fun, just sayin'.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, enjoy and have fun here JoeStar!!

Be safe
Ride on Top

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome from another new to me 07 VStar 1100 owner. Contrary to popular belief these bikes are great to learn on or to get back into riding. Remember to do the scheduled maintenance on her - check all the hoses, replace lines and cables as needed and I would change the brake fluid unless you have it documented that it was changed within the last 2 years.

Ride safe and always be vigilant.

Sam
2007 VStar 1100 Classic
Mods: SS Custom Cycle 429 cams, Barnett 64lb clutch spring conversion, Roadhouse 2-into-1 exhaust, Dyna 3000 ignition module, Dyna Hi-energy coils, Thundervolt spark plug wires, Metric Magic Under tank K&N filter pods, Metric Magic PMS screws, relocated "choke" off bar to engine, Yamaha upgraded starter clutch, Clevver clutch lever, rejetted carbs, Barons ORK oil filter relocation kit, Mustang touring seat, 1000lbs Eibach rear suspension spring, Progressive front fork springs, Stebel Nautilus horn, upgraded rear turn signals, Saddleman Midnight express saddlebags, Givi E340 topcase, VStar tall windshield and yes, 16-inch apes with internal wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 12 of 12 Posts