Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently just cleaned my V-Star 1100 carburetors because they have been sitting for several years. After cleaning the carburetors I put new float needles and seats in both carburetors because they were corroded. I initially set both float levels to 14 mm above the base as specified in the max air kit for a starting point. fuel level inspection with the tube on the front carburetor was within spec however the rear carburetor fuel level was way too high just below the inlet tube. i have continued to raise the float height but the float level is always the same . I went to Yamaha and bought another needle and seat and after a few adjustments the fuel level of fuel is always just below the fuel inlet tube. What can I be missing?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
many times when you are trying to debug a problem, you get stuck on one thing, and keep checking it over and over, saying to yourself "this has to work" but its not working.

If you think you have adjusted the bendy tab thing correctly, and its not, and you bend it some more and its still the same, then you have something else going on (like the float is not seated correctly and its hanging up, or you are missing a shim or a spacer...)

If the level is that high would the fuel go out the overflow tube? That something to check. If the float is just stuck open for some other reason you can adjust it all day long, and it will never close.

are the front and rear carbs identical? (I would think they are) but is it possible you got parts from one in the other?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts