Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
So far, Coach Day has done a good job of not letting the team look past an opponent. Hope he can do it again on Saturday.
I am so glad he stayed on as coach. I was never a fan of Meyer coming to OSU. He had too much baggage from Fla. Plus I absolutely hated the offense OSU ran while he was here. I want my QB to be a QB...not a running back playing QB.. But since I am more a baseball guy I always compare things to baseball when talking about football. Like saying there are alot of guys on a baseball team who can throw the ball hard...but very very few pitchers..just like QB's...very very few good QB's..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome from Dayton! You guys are talking gibberish. The OSU quarterback is Spencer Sanders - and he's out because of thumb surgery. May be back for the Bowl appearance. Hoping to go against Notre Dame! I don't think Mr. Mullet (Mike Gundy) has coached us against them yet.

Oh, you guys are talking about Ohio State Uni. I get it. :rolleyes:

Hey, if you ever get down to SW Ohio, let me know. We can show off our 'Liners to to world.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Mr Mullet is a man...he's 40...I still laugh when I see that video of him. My Uncle is a retired professor from the other OSU.. Architecture. and BTW it is not Ohio State University...it is Thee Ohio State University...:)

I get over to the Fairborn area to see my son from time to time. He and his wife both graduated from Wright State. Nice area there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mr Mullet is a man...he's 40...I still laugh when I see that video of him. My Uncle is a retired professor from the other OSU.. Architecture. and BTW it is not Ohio State University...it is Thee Ohio State University...:)

I get over to the Fairborn area to see my son from time to time. He and his wife both graduated from Wright State. Nice area there.
😂 I've never figured out the insistence of "The" Ohio State University. Frankly, I don't use it out of obstinance. I used to live in Holiday Valley, back in the 70's - that's a housing development (just over) halfway between Fairborn and Enon. I"m down in the southern suburb of Dayton now. Fairborn is a nice area. Dayton is just about the right size, in my opinion. Wouldn't dream of living in someplace like Cincy, Columbus or, Cleveland. Fairborn itself is cool little town. Don't get that way too much. But back to motorcycles! If you're down this way on the bike and want to head out for a while, try to get hold of me!

·
Registered
682 Posts
My sons address is Fairborn but he is closer to Enon than Fairborn. There is nice section of Enon Road and Armstrong Road that is fun on a motorcycle. It runs over to Black Lane which is close to where my son lives.
The Thee thing with OSU is just a different thing that OSU uses. Not sure if it is to differentiate it from OK State. Sometimes it is fun just to throw that out there...just to see the reaction...Buckeye fans bring a lot of this on themselves because some are obnoxious...think Mark May...LOL...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I don't know why Taylor in the last 3 weeks hasn't been super. It is almost like he was more of a decoy. Why i said that is he has only been about 150 yards rushing. What we really need is the play action pass to work. I agree about the revenge factor. What scares me is the packer factor, you never know which team is going to show up. I just hope it is a good game. All said i don't have a good feeling about this one. Barry Alvarez has been quoted saying this years Ohio team is the best he has ever seen. Getum Bucky! Hope i don't have to work Saturday and get to see it
Kudos to the Badgers for bringing a great game plan. By halftime, my wife was hiding all the sharp objects in our house.
Go stomp somebody in the Bowl Game and bring it home for the Big 10!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Kudos to the Badgers for bringing a great game plan. By halftime, my wife was hiding all the sharp objects in our house.
Go stomp somebody in the Bowl Game and bring it home for the Big 10!
The way you felt in the first half is the way i felt at the end. I am glad you guys got to see Taylor before he goes pro probably next year. He had more yards in the 1st half than ohio has allowed any rusher all year. All ii can say is i hope you win the playoffs. I will be rooting for you guys. GO PACK!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Wisconsin played tough as I thought they may. Not sure if OSU was looking ahead or looking past Wisconsin but OSU is showing some vulnerability on defense to a decent passing game. Wisconsin will represent the Big10 well in the Rose Bowl. Their power will wear Oregon down but Oregon will give them a game. I am concerned about OSU- Clemson. Clemson is tough..their coach is a great motivator and their QB is pretty darn good. Looking forward to all the good bowl games!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wisconsin played tough as I thought they may. Not sure if OSU was looking ahead or looking past Wisconsin but OSU is showing some vulnerability on defense to a decent passing game. Wisconsin will represent the Big10 well in the Rose Bowl. Their power will wear Oregon down but Oregon will give them a game. I am concerned about OSU- Clemson. Clemson is tough..their coach is a great motivator and their QB is pretty darn good. Looking forward to all the good bowl games!
According to the sportscasters Clemson is on top of their game right now.
We'll see what happens in about a month

21 - 30 of 30 Posts