Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 63 year old guy who started riding back in 1970. As life went on I was without a bike for a few years with kids and life commitments. I always managed to get some riding in with my buddies that had two bikes. Two years ago it was time to buy another one so I went shopping. My wife loves to ride with me so I needed one she would be comfortable on. I found a 2006 Royal Star Venture with only 7000 km on it. I have taken a few long rides on it and I love the cruise, and the power. It handles well and I have dragged the boards a few times. It is a bear at parking lot speeds but once moving no problem. It fits me well, I am 6 ft 5 and 300 lbs . great bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,305 Posts
Hi OR63, welcome to the forum. Great intro, 'cept' you're making us salivate over your Venture without supplying a pic of it. We're quite visual here, so please show us how that bad boy looks. Where do you hail from, and if you plan on doing any mods? Ride safely!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a picture when I rode to Mt Robson. The only mod so far is I cut the windshield down so I am looking overcit instead of through it. I am going to add a luggage rack on the trunk for sure and some extra lights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from the Netherlands, and thank you for the pics!

Beautiful bike, and quite the machine. I actually considered one of these, as I just loved the technology. Unfortunately over here you tend to just get the "squarish" looking models with bags and cases, and that was not really my cuppa tea.

Yours looks awesome!

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yea nice ride. Looks like a monster to have to move around. But I do love those seats. Would like to put something like that on mine. Or rework mine to be something like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts