Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing Monster Pro 2 into 1 system. Also made my own POD air intake (K&N filters) and removed AIS system. Re-jetted front and rear main jets to 115, moved the small needle washer to bottom per KB instructions. Set air screw to 2 & 3/4 turns. Bike starts and idles fine but on the road, at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, it falls on its face. Any ideas?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just finished installing Monster Pro 2 into 1 system. Also made my own POD air intake (K&N filters) and removed AIS system. Re-jetted front and rear main jets to 115, moved the small needle washer to bottom per KB instructions. Set air screw to 2 & 3/4 turns. Bike starts and idles fine but on the road, at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, it falls on its face. Any ideas?
Any little hose you might have left loose or came off

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you went to pods the mains should be 150 in both,the washer above the spacer is a a washer and not the same as a shim.from 1/2 to 3/4 throttle you are running on mains
Even though the jet kit that came with the pipes recommends 115 front and back? If so. I'll see if my local shop has 150's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made my own using K&N 0600 filters. The jet kit instructions did say use the 115's for a modified air intake. Kind of pissed that I dropped $45 on the kit when I could have ran up the road and grabbed the 150's for under $10.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 2-1 exhaust. Custom hi flow intake at airbox
117.5 jets front/rear , with stock needle setup
Runs like a raped ape. (Good)

Your prob running very lean.
If u dont want to swap jets, put stock airbox on n test it

**** take your carb covers off n check the needle internals,mine had small springs pop off n caused it to do what yours is doin. Mine was a Simple fix**

·
Registered
90 Posts
I made my own using K&N 0600 filters. The jet kit instructions did say use the 115's for a modified air intake. Kind of pissed that I dropped $45 on the kit when I could have ran up the road and grabbed the 150's for under $10.
Different companies use different numbers on their jets. Thats where your getting the 150/115 debate from.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Different companies use different numbers on their jets. Thats where your getting the 150/115 debate from.
dyno jet numbers are larger than mikuni.a 115 dyno jet would only be a 108 mikuni...Metalhead did you change the needle or are you using stock.you need to get shims from radio shack two below the spacer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stock needle, moved top washer to bottom (richer) per instructions that came with pipes, actual Mikuni 115 jets. Chart on KB says I should be running 150's with pods and 2-1 pipes. Are the KB numbers Mikuni though?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Stock needle, moved top washer to bottom (richer) per instructions that came with pipes, actual Mikuni 115 jets. Chart on KB says I should be running 150's with pods and 2-1 pipes. Are the KB numbers Mikuni though?
the info in the kb is spot on.mikuni jets in the kb.the washer you moved is a spacer not a shim put it back.scroll down in the kb there is a list with part nos. for parts needed to do pods, radio shack shims are lisred there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cut some .020" shims on the laser at work, got the needle spaced up, stopped at the parts store and picked up 150 mains. Bike runs awesome now. What a difference. Louder than hell too :) Thanks for the help nick57.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts