Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just purchased a '00 V-Star 650 Classic. I'm not a fan of the paint job but I'll be fixing that soon. Now I just need to get her running.

TessoAtHome.jpg

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum wet glove. Nice ride for sure. Don't be shy to post often. There's tons of good folks on here and all want to help out a fellow rider. Post your question in the vstar forum and our 650 experts will be along to help you resolve this issue. A warning, you may get your fare share of ribbing. Just give back and see what happens :eek: Tell us more about yourself, where your from, how long in the saddle, are you immune to CCitiss.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm from a small town near Winston-Salem, NC. This bike is kind of like my divorce gift to myself. I haven't even been in the saddle yet. This is my first bike too. I plan to post a few pics of my conversion from the way I bought her to what she wants to be. I just need to get her running.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congratulations ! (on the bike not the divorce). I'm new to riding as well and really love my 650. You will find this to be a great forum with lots of folks that have experience and can help with your mods and upgrades. Have fun!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry about the divorce. I'm glad it happened. It just sucked finding out my wife had been ridden more times than Greyhound. lol

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome Wet Glove! (OK Corsair, you definitely won that round of 'best knock off make fun of the new guy name game')

I'm not sure what you don't like about the paint job - but then I'm into unusual paint jobs with very unusual airbrushing (and I like spiders and the black widow too!).

'ridden more than greyhound. . . . ' makes me laugh and hurt all at the same time . . .

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome aboard !!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tct1w - I'm born and raised in Clemmons. I read your post about the wreck. How are you healing?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good deal just different sides of Winston we will have to meet up and ride up to Danbury. Cool roads up that way. Thanks for asking. Ribs are coming along. Actually changed out the bent risers and rode Saturday. Couple weeks I should have it all fixed about time the ribs are healed. Missing some good riding weather!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah would be cool. Remember I'm the one that does sliding tricks in the road:) Going to have it painted next week so after that any time. Well head up to the hills. Don't worry I'm going to be taking the twistys slow!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts