Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just picked up my first motorcycle. It's a 2004 650 custom. Just waiting to take my motorcycle rider safety course to get my license and be on the road.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Nice looking ride and solid approach to getting into riding!

I started out the same way - riding course and then took my time to learn by sticking to low traffic back roads - until I felt comfortable with the bike and with some basic skills.

Riding is a journey - do it on your terms.

Have fun and be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum. Nice intro and with pics, very well done. Specs95t is dead on. Make it your journey, and your confidence in riding will get better with each ride. Glad you joined us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i noticed during the basic rider coarse in ct they didn't talk about counter balancing in slow turns , maybe because the bikes were little 250 cc rebels. but with your 650 it will really help as will slightly dragging the rear brake. main thing is to keep your head up and look were you want to go, not were the bike is going.( look down go down ) your bike won't handle at all like the test bikes but you'll get used it in no time just go easy and good luck.

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Excellent point pauli, last weekends basic course I took, the coaches stressed looking where you're going and counter balancing, however we were on the Harley 500cc bikes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts