Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am Rob. I am 30 and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I bought a 07 Yamaha V Star 650 with 3200 miles on it when I was overseas. I just finished Motorcycle safety course and I have to admit it was the best 250 I ever spent. I am still getting comfortable with my bike so I am staying off freeways until I am more comfortable.. figure better be safer than sorry :) So far I love the V star except for the friction zone so I am stalling a lot at stop signs and red lights. Practice makes perfect :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome and congrats!!! Take it to an empty lot and practice. That's what I did when I got my 1100 and riding her is like second nature...enjoy and ride safe :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I stay on small roads and take her to empty lots (like the school lot when the school is out) I am definitely not trying to go above my skill level.. I don't want to be a risk to myself or other motorists by being out of my skill level on the freeway.. it'll come with time.. especially with me not having the friction zone worked out with the bike (took me 15 min of stalls to get off my road in my subdivision today) I def DON'T need to be too out in traffic.. but I also want to get used to having other vehicles around me so I have been doing a 1 straight shot.. did pretty good last week.. took her 15 miles to downtown phoenix turned around and went home.. stalled twice at red lights so I really really need to work on friction zone.. or just get that mod that everyone's talking about..

·
Registered
621 Posts
or just get that mod that everyone's talking about..
You mean The Clevver? Completely worth it.

Welcome aboard, and good on you for taking your riding slowly at first. Always good to ride safely and know your limits.

Must be nice to live in the future former home of the Coyotes, where you'll probably be able to ride all year round.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

Do you realize that you used the word "I" thirteen times in your introduction?
Ya, a slow day for me here today. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

Do you realize that you used the word "I" thirteen times in your introduction?
Ya, a slow day for me here today. :D
I wonder how many people will go back and count the I's now like I just did.............:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey,

I am Rob. I am 30 and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I bought a 07 Yamaha V Star 650 with 3200 miles on it when I was overseas. I just finished Motorcycle safety course and I have to admit it was the best 250 I ever spent. I am still getting comfortable with my bike so I am staying off freeways until I am more comfortable.. figure better be safer than sorry :) So far I love the V star except for the friction zone so I am stalling a lot at stop signs and red lights. Practice makes perfect :)
Sorry. I forgot to welcome you to the zoo.

Welcome to the Zoo.:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts