Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Myself, new rider from Raleigh, NC. Taken the basic rider course earlier this month and obtained the endorsement. Yoohoo! Have been in the market for over 3 weeks now in search of the right V-Star and have zeroed in on a nice looking 2005 Silverado. Could not arrange cash because of the long weekend and therefore could not buy it this weekend. :( Have to wait till next weekend before I can take the ownership. :D Hopefully the seller is going to hold it for me till then. He said he will. Will post some pictures as soon as I have it in my possession. Can't wait.

Have been riding bikes for over 15 years now but all the riding had been in India with bikes not larger than 300-320 lbs. Here in the US, this would be my first bike and I have taken liking with cruisers and tourers. And these bikes are huge, 600s to 700s in lbs. Hence enough bit of apprehension there. Test rode a 650 and found it to be not so heavy. Test rode a 1100 few times, and found it to be heavier. Nevertheless, both the bikes were superb and exhilarating on the road. So I had to choose between the two, and I chose to go for a 1100. If things go well, will buy it the coming weekend. Gosh, seems so far far away.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think you made a grea choice by taking a course, I can't wait to see some pictures of your bike. You have some beautiful riding down in your neck of the woods.

I bet driving or riding here has to be more relaxing than India.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum. I think you made a grea choice by taking a course, I can't wait to see some pictures of your bike. You have some beautiful riding down in your neck of the woods.

I bet driving or riding here has to be more relaxing than India.
Tell me about it! You are right; it's more relaxing here but again, the bikes are a lot heavier and there is this thing called speed. The combination of the two is something you need to get a good hang of, regardless of what you have driven elsewhere, I guess.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome! The 1100 really isn't all that heavy once you get it off the kickstand and moving. I'm 5'0" and my weight is pretty much in proportion with my height and I have no problems throwing my bike around :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts