Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not ridden in 35 years decided to get on the road and bought a 2009 Vstar 950 (Still at the dealers). Looking forward to get on the road. I am scheduled with some friends to take the MSF course at the end of the month. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard good choice taking the safety couse and buying a Yamaha. Good luck and shiny side up.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mark. Congrats on the bike and great idea on the MSF. I hadn't ridden for a few years and finally took the course myself, mainly to get legal. It helped my riding a ton as well though. Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, this is a great bunch of people.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome Mark.

I did things much the way you are, and would do no different were I to do it all again. For one of the few times in my life, wisdom outweighed enthusiasm.

I will never forget the anticipation of getting on my first bike and riding. I'm guessing neither will you.

Happy riding, and stay smart.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone, picked up the 950 on the 16th and have been riding around the neighborhood and practicing in the high school parking lot. I have gotten alot of nice comments on the bike and none of the neighbors have complained yet:). MSF class starts in two days and looking forward to attending.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome aboard, I did about the same as you except i went to class first. It was a grueling weekend. My instructor demanded you to succeed. And now that its over and i am riding every day, rain or shine, I can't get over how much of what they taught me I use. It really opens ones eyes. Enjoy!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts