Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my first cycle today, 2009 yamaha v star 250, I'm 5'6 and 130lbs, I was told at the dealership that since my weight this bike would probably have sufficient power for me, I have never ridden anything but a chinese import 150cc scooter. Any thoughts? Also Id love to find some people to ride with as no one i know actually has a cycle...venturing out by my lonesome.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! The 250 is a great bike to start out with.
Easy to handle and learn to hone your skills with.
Check your local news papers and craigs list for sponsered rides, or group runs, and rallys, chances are you'll meet someone to go riding with.
Enjoy the bike, take the MSF basic riders course if you can, it will be worth it. :)

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Not a thing wrong with a 250:) I'm one of those old bassetts

that can remember when 250cc was a huge bike (and in a lot of overseas locations it still is:)) so don't let anyone rag on you.

(And submit your bike for BOTM!:))

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome aboard messered! Congrats on the new 250, when I was first starting out that was what I was searching for. Now I'm up to the 1100, but then again, I'm twice your size so I need a little bigger bike to haul me around! Ride safe and keep the rubber side down.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hello Messered.
This forum has a list of groups by region. Poke around in there and see who may be in your neck of the woods.

Then, if you have time, do the bike of the month thing...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts