Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone!

I've been browsing these forums for a couple of weeks now and wanted to stop in and say good morning.

I'm a new rider, only have a couple hundred miles under my belt. Picked up a 2006 V-Star 650 last week and am really enjoying it. Lacking anything to compare it to other than the 125CC Kawasaki Eliminator from the Basic Rider Course I took in order to get my license, I'm finding it a great bike. Feels super stable, is easy to ride, and looks / feels fantastic.

Looking forward to getting out there a lot!

Andiceman

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. The 650 is a great bike to learn on and to get some riding experience on. Mine was everything I wanted in a bike to start with and it was a great learning bike. I now have an 1100 and it gives me all the satisfaction of the 650 with a little extra power for the interstate. Post often and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. OVSM is correct, the 650 is a great platform to start with. Loved mine, and that's what I started back riding on. How about some pics of it for us? Very visual members here. Ride safe and post often!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hello fellow 650 rider!
Definitely a great choice for the first one.
Keep the shiny side up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts