Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm 24 years old and I convinced my wife to let me buy a bike. :) I took the MSF BRC course about 3 weeks ago and I've been searching for a good deal on a used bike for longer than that and I finally found "the one" and I bought it three days ago. I love it already and I now understand why people are always so obsessed with their bikes. I have enjoyed getting my hands dirty and working on it. Now I just have to gear up and wait for my license to come in the mail from NC and I can take it out on the road *grinning*

Registered
Congrats on the class and the bike! Enjoy it and be safe! Of course pics of said bike would be great too!

馃嚭馃嚫 Ride your own ride. 馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
Welcome aboard :D Next class in 'fun' is explaining to the wife why you must spend money on 'upgrades'

Registered
Well you get your own card and rent a P.O. box and then tell her it gets chromer:D ever time you clean it. clean it often.

When I was 24 you were the cock of the walk ifn you had more then 300cc.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I bought it with the saddlebags and windshield but I took them off for now... until I get more comfortable handling the bike.

Registered
Put a set of engine bars on if you don't have them all ready also take the passenger pegs and tighten them up tight so if you drop it(you can ride for 60yrs and drop it) they will go a long ways in saving the side of the bike.

Registered
Welcome to the forum GamaGoju. Really nice looking 650. I like the red and black two tone.

Thanks for the pics.

Keep the shiny side up and ride safe.

Registered
Welcome to the 4M, OH Shes a keeper alright -- Enjoy and be safe:)

Ride on top

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the compliments. My first big task (to me anyways) is to remove the carburetor and give it a good cleaning. Can't wait until my license comes in :)

Registered
Nice bike. I like the way they look with the widsheild and bags removed just looks sexy.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts