Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members located in Billings here? Has a couple questions on the tps adjustment, I don’t have the tool to see rpm when setting to 1k

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,475 Posts
To assist in replies knowing your year, make and model will help. I suggest filling out a site Garage:

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/garage.php?do=index

This will be visible under you user name for reference. Also you can add a quick disciption of your bike in the signature line.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Im not sure how you adjust the TPS on your bike, I thought it was a static test with the engine not running.

If you need a tachometer for the adjustment, I think you can borrow one from Advance Auto, and maybe some other car part chain stores.

tachs are one of the things that are being replaced by the OBD2 scanners...

If you are a technology geek, you can put a microphone on an oscilloscope and measure the time between the exhaust pulses, and calculate the RPMs from that.

I experimented with a spectrum analyzer ap on my smart phone, it sorta works, but the microphone on a smartphone is not good down around 20Hz or lower.

·
5,475 Posts
If planning on completing repairs your self the right tools make the job easier. A simple tachometer is all you need. You don't need to permanently mount it. There are many out there that will work, here's a sample.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the repair manual it says to set the rpm to 100 and then check at WOT and then closed. Adjust as necessary. I’ll look into the tach and make that garage thing. Thanks for the input

·
5,475 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Welcome Kyle!
Be sure to post some pics of your ride.
You gotten some great info, keep us updated on your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts