Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I am the proud new owner of a v star 950. This is my first bike and i'm here to learn anything i can. Lots of mods i want to do. I have been wanting a bike as long as i can remember. I bought this bike after doing lots of research online reading reviews of this bike as well as many others. I decided on this one and called up and got approved for a loan through my bank. I called the dealership and said here's what i want when can i get it. The next day i went to the dealership for the first time and picked up my bike without ever having seen it or done any test riding. call me crazy, but i couldn't be more happy with it.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Congrats on your new ride! Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of knowledge that is shared here, a bunch of good folks. Be sure to be active and make the forum the best it can be. Enjoy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Weclome python

Hi all, I am the proud new owner of a v star 950. This is my first bike and i'm here to learn anything i can. Lots of mods i want to do. I have been wanting a bike as long as i can remember. I bought this bike after doing lots of research online reading reviews of this bike as well as many others. I decided on this one and called up and got approved for a loan through my bank. I called the dealership and said here's what i want when can i get it. The next day i went to the dealership for the first time and picked up my bike without ever having seen it or done any test riding. call me crazy, but i couldn't be more happy with it.
I'm also a proud owner of a 950.
Doing any mods to your is going to be alittle difficult due to the fact that this model as I'm sure your aware is new to the the yamaha stable,but over there you should have to much trouble.
If you can check out the guy's at west end motorsports Mike & Al on the net,they're great guy's & very helpful.(mention me kiwi)
good & safe riding bro

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jhonywillsh
Bro sorry to say,but I think your a racer, not a pacer.
Going from a sports bike to a cruiser is going to be a culture shock.
The weight distribution,handle is different,they are designed for cruising.
Don't get me wrong but I have seen some cruiser riders take on some really wicked stuff,over there I believe you have more open road riding conditions.
Take a look at a custom cruiser,good luck & safe riding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts