Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! My name is Paul. I finally joined the ranks of motorcycle riders! I got myself a 2011 V Star Custom 650. It was my buddy's wife's bike that she never rode. The bike had 280 miles when I bought it! So, I am looking forward to riding!!

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Welcome Paul, glad you joined the ranks. How about some pics of your ride, and tell us where you're from? We love pic's here. Ride safely!

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Nice ride Paul, appears it was well taken care of and not left out in bad weather. Any upgrades/mods planned for it, or you just going to get some seat time?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just gonna get some seat time for now. The first things planned when I do get around to it are LED brake light, new seat, and a windshield.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I would suggest changing all the fluids along with the fuel filter. Take a look at those tires also. Even though they have no miles on them they are at least 4 yrs old. Check the DOTs and consider buying her new shoes. Can't imagine the battery is still any good either.
A little preventative maint. up front and you will have years of trouble free fun with your new toy. Welcome and enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts