Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 (new) Roadstar Silverado. Bought it in Silverado trim and will be removing the OEM windshield, bags, etc. Installing a fairing, true duals and Corbin bags (as money allows). Already got the new white seat & backrest from EDSeats.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Love that idea Warty! That's a sweet looking Roadie as is too! Welcome to the 4m Mtmous. Is this your first Vstar?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow. She's pretty :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very nice, I just bought a 2012 (New) last week. Looks almost like yours Silverado S. Question, when you shift is it smooth or is it a harsh clank. Getting ready to call the dealer and ask but thought I would get a unbiased view.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have a lot of experience with different vtwins but the Roadstar is much quieter and smoother than my Suzuki Boulevard was.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome mtmous, beautiful Roadie. I second the name "Naughty Nurse".

Any interest in selling the windshield. I have a batwing on my "08 Roadstar and would like to go to a windshield. Marc

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome mtmous, beautiful Roadie. I second the name "Naughty Nurse".

Any interest in selling the windshield. I have a batwing on my "08 Roadstar and would like to go to a windshield. Marc
Yes, I will be selling the windshield and mounts within a few weeks when my fairing arrives. It's the Silverado model and in perfect new condition. I'm thinking $300 + UPS incl mounts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definately interested mtmous. At your coveinence would you mind measuring from the headlight cut-out to the top of the windshield. A frontal photo would greatly help also.
I'm 6'0, with short legs but long in the torso, so I sit pretty high in the saddle and prefer a shield at the bridge of my nose or higher. Thanks man, enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Definately interested mtmous. At your coveinence would you mind measuring from the headlight cut-out to the top of the windshield. A frontal photo would greatly help also.
I'm 6'0, with short legs but long in the torso, so I sit pretty high in the saddle and prefer a shield at the bridge of my nose or higher. Thanks man, enjoy your new ride.
20 3/4" top of shield to cutout. Sets about another 3/4" above the headlight. Appears to be another pair of holes which could raise the shield by about 3". Pardon the poor pic, in the garage with other bike in the background. Spots on the shield and chrome are reflections only. Ordering fairing this week and this shield should be available early Feb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts