Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished this seat (I'll probably be tweaking it for a while - nothing like photos to show up things that need fixing). It's really a seat cover since I made it to fit over the original seat and I can take it off or adjust it.

I'll be making a tank bib/bag and a rear fender bib of tooled leather to go with the tooled leather on the seat. Once I get a windshield I'll be making a windshield bag and eventually I plan to make saddle bags, as well.

It's a work in progress but I'm having fun.

Since I got it in April I took off the passenger seat and pegs, sissy bar and rack. Got this solo seat rail from ebay. Added engine guards.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just finished this seat (I'll probably be tweaking it for a while - nothing like photos to show up things that need fixing). It's really a seat cover since I made it to fit over the original seat and I can take it off or adjust it.

I'll be making a tank bib/bag and a rear fender bib of tooled leather to go with the tooled leather on the seat. Once I get a windshield I'll be making a windshield bag and eventually I plan to make saddle bags, as well.

It's a work in progress but I'm having fun.

Since I got it in April I took off the passenger seat and pegs, sissy bar and rack. Got this solo seat rail from ebay. Added engine guards.
WOW that seat looks awesome

will you do work for others, if I send you a seat

Ron

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Great job....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW that seat looks awesome

will you do work for others, if I send you a seat

Ron
Assuming you are serious, so far I haven't but at some point I probably will start doing custom work. It's been a learning experience so far and takes some time - especially the lacing.

I get asked that pretty often when I'm out riding with my husband. I did the leather accessories on his Road King. http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=2254

Thanks for the encouragement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts