Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have not been able to ride my bike for more then 2 years due to a injury. I decided to get a sidecar built for it so i could start riding again. I am now learning to ride with the sidecar. It is like starting to learn to ride all over again.
The sidecar has a full interior and a windshield for it. It was modeled after a early HD Liberty sidecar.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Sonysnek,

The sidecar was built by Johnny Sweet in Greer SC. He built the body , the frame work and the mounting hardware. The mounting bar are made of 1inch solid steel. The mounting attachment points were custom machined for this bike. He does the complete rig even the interior and windshield. I found him on the United Sidecar Association Forum. Here is some more pictures of my rig. Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hey Chuck. Thanks for the response, and the extra pics. Very nice. The man does nice work. Reminds me of the old time sidecars from way back. Hope it helps with gettin ya back out there on the road. Just curious though, why sidecar and not a trike?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi again,

I decided to go with a sidecar so i could keep my Road Star. If i wanted a trike conversion it would have been 10 to 12 thousand dollars . The sidecar complete with every thing was 3,200.00.
I think that was the most bang for the buck and i have some thing you don't see that often unlike a trike. Johnny's prices start at 2885.00 and you can add what you want to that. I wanted a cover, windshield and a HD finder and wheel. He has about 5 different sidecar design to chose from and each one is built to your bike only. He has been building sidecars for about 45 years and has built over 500. Chuck

·
Registered
268 Posts
A one of a kind look! Totally awesome and you're right, more bang for your buck and you get something that you don't see every day. Love it!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Being able to carry things is one reason i thought the sidecar was a way to go. I would be able to take a trip and do some camping. Every thing i would need would be easy to carry in the sidecar. Also Three people would be able to travel with it. I am also going to use it for some shopping trips.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was able to take the wife for a ride the other day for the first time in 23 years due to a bad back injury. She sure enjoyed herself for the first time in a long time out on the bike. This is one of the reasons for the sidecar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts