Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
10-4, opening a ticket.

Standby for an update.

Jeff
Jeff, it looks like I may have fixed it. I went to the User CP section and was able to change to full site from there. I have no idea why the links wouldn't do it but I'm glad I found a way to get it done.

·
Registered
418 Posts
@VS Jeff I took Firefox off of my computer and am running the Windows 10 browser and everything is good. My Firefox would crash occasionally so, we shall see how this works. Thanks for your help. Augie

·
Super Moderator
13,111 Posts
i guess the multi-quote button must be a firefox issue because i get the same non-functioning result with another forum.
but you still haven't answered my multiple requests for how to edit the homepage or get our BOTM on there, and how to change the forum skin back to 'classic'.

·
Administrator
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i guess the multi-quote button must be a firefox issue because i get the same non-functioning result with another forum.
but you still haven't answered my multiple requests for how to edit the homepage or get our BOTM on there, and how to change the forum skin back to 'classic'.
You can post BOTM images and info here:
StarBikeForums News - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

Just use an hosted image as an insert as the first line in the thread.

Then you can put user info and bike info under it and it should show up in the homepage with an image and some text under.

Follow the format I used for the articles posted.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
13,111 Posts
Awesome,

Ping me if you every have any questions.

You can at mention me like this @VS Jeff

Thanks,
Jeff
10-4, opening a ticket.

Standby for an update.

Jeff
You can post BOTM images and info here:
StarBikeForums News - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

Just use an hosted image as an insert as the first line in the thread.

Then you can put user info and bike info under it and it should show up in the homepage with an image and some text under.

Follow the format I used for the articles posted.

Jeff
i don't have the permissions/privileges to start a new thread in that forum.

and by now i'm realizing there is NO option to change the forum skin? the only options are either full or mobile?

p.s. i swear i only selected the "quote" button but it included multiple quotes here

·
Administrator
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
i don't have the permissions/privileges to start a new thread in that forum.

and by now i'm realizing there is NO option to change the forum skin? the only options are either full or mobile?

p.s. i swear i only selected the "quote" button but it included multiple quotes here
You might have hit Multi Quote earlier and it saves those quotes.

Correct we do not have a classic or legacy skin on this site.

I will edit the permissions for you in that section.

Jeff

·
Administrator
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i can post in the starbikeforums news section now, but it's not updating to the site's home page
Ok should be updated now.

Make sure you post the hosted image first before any text.

The image extension has to be .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .tiff, .gif, .bmp, etc.

I spoke with the tech team and they noted the following:

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=3977&pictureid=12505 is not a valid image extension.

External images are working, but it looks like this mod has a customized profile that is hiding a valid image extension like seen on a normal profile (like ours).

Ours: Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum - admin's Album: Feb_11_BOTM - Picture

Mod’s: Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum - bevo1981's Album: test - Picture

Customized user profiles are not supported properly on Toucan.

You will need to add the image for the mod into your profile and use the image there. Or, the mod will have to upload to something else like Imgur, Photobucket, etc.
Jeff

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ok, I tried the new look and I want to go back to the old setup... The new system is much more laggy and I find that it now crashes Firefox regularly when I had zero trouble with the classic version. You say in the initial posting that it is possible to go back to the original skin but the supposed option doesn't seem to exist anywhere. PLEASE GIVE ME BACK MY TROUBLE FREE VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
341 Posts
Ok, I tried the new look and I want to go back to the old setup... The new system is much more laggy and I find that it now crashes Firefox regularly when I had zero trouble with the classic version. You say in the initial posting that it is possible to go back to the original skin but the supposed option doesn't seem to exist anywhere. PLEASE GIVE ME BACK MY TROUBLE FREE VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!
The lagging and crashing, can you please tell me what version of Firefox you're using?

Kyle

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hey Kyle, it's whatever the current version of Firefox is... I had a prompt to update it a couple of days ago. But the new skin has been slower to upload for me since the beginning regardless of the version of Firefox :(

·
Administrator
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hey Kyle, it's whatever the current version of Firefox is... I had a prompt to update it a couple of days ago. But the new skin has been slower to upload for me since the beginning regardless of the version of Firefox :(
Can you try clearing your cache and maybe do some PC maintenance in system tools. It might help with the speed issues.

Thanks,
Jeff

21 - 37 of 37 Posts