Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new rider, just got my cm1 licence and went to buy my brand new 09 1100 v-star classic charcoal grey with ghost flames. After a couple weeks of riding, Im really enjoying every minute on my new horse. The only down side has been the really cold wheather we have had the last month, so Im looking foward to spring and summer in Southern California. Every one I know that rides keeps telling me "just wait for summer, you will have sooo much fun" unfortunately most of my friends have crotch rockets so I'm looking for riders in Los Angele Harbor Area "San Pedro" to hang with. I was gonna get the stryker but felt I needed something a lil more chill for a newbie that I wont outgrow quickly . So an old friend at Langston Motorsports in Perris CA sold me on the my 1100 v-star classic. I think this is a great beginner bike and I want to begin modifying it ASAP.

Where can I find aftermarket parts for this bad boy. I modify cars so Im a huge newbie when it comes down to motorcycles. Would appreciate some advice and direction. :eek:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard.Nice choice for a starter bike.Just how cold is it in so cal? I did 100+ miles yesterday and it was 53 degrees.As for custom parts they are all over the net,many company's out there.You could start with ebay just to see what's available.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome here. As far as your comment "I think the 1100 is a great beginner bike" Well ,there are a ton of us here that are no where near "beginners" and ride the 1100 cause we love that bike:cool: I hope you enjoy yours, and enjoy and learn from this forum:)
Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Welcome

Sick Boy,

Your 1100 is a nice bike. You may move up later or you may just decide this is good enough. Has that nostalgic cruiser look and descent power. But, won't compair with your buddies sport bikes. Different kind of ride.

Lots of stuff available for your bike. Here is a start, at least to look around. But there are lots of places. You may not want to go too far is you plan to trade later?

http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/v_star_1100.htm

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts