Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know this forum is more geared towards cruiser riders, but wanted to get some opinions on sportbike ergos.

I used to own a 2001 Honda CBR F4i - Was a fun bike, not as sporty as the rest of the 600cc bikes of the time. Clip-ons were above the triple tree and felt a little closer to a standard.

Love my V-Star 1100 so far, but lately I have been thinking of getting a second bike that was a little more sporty.

There was a demo ride near me so went and tried out a Yamaha R6 and my god is that thing cramped. Now it has been 10 years since I rode on a sport bike and I am 6'. So have sport bikes gotten much more cramped or am I just getting older?! lol

Thanks all!

·
Registered
447 Posts
the R6 is a supersport lineup, that is how it's designed.

You would probably do better with a FZ07, as it's a sport bike, but not geared up for racing stance.

If that is still to much, have to go full sport touring bike. This is what I used to ride. Looks like for yamaha there are two options, an FJ09 that is more plain, and a fulled loaded FJZ1300

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I tried the fz-07 also, ergos on that bike we're great to me.

But is there any thing with the same tech (traction control, rider modes, abs) and acceleration of the r6?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts