Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2000 V Star 1100 Classic
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all,

I've been around for a bit and have posted some. I dont think that I ever posted an intro.

I'm Juan. I'm an avid rider and racer. My moniker is from my race team name, Sinister Racing. Since it's my team, I'm Mr Sinister. I ride a bunch of different bikes and the '00 V Star 1100 I picked up a few months back is the newest in the stable.

I have an '06 American Ironhorse Legend chopper, her name is Spectre. I have a '99 Honda Shadow ACE, her name is Onyx. I'm building a Bagger from my V Star, so she doesn't have a name yet because I've not determined her personality. I have 2 Kawasaki Ninjas for race bikes, an '04 Honda NSR50, a pocket bike, and other motorized toys.

I'm an MSF instructor and I also coach at the track. I live and breathe this stuff and I'm
happy to be around others that share this passion.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,937 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. With your experience I'm sure you will be able to help a few folks out from time to time. Great intro, with pictures. Very good looking stable. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
2000 V Star 1100 Classic
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. With your experience I'm sure you will be able to help a few folks out from time to time. Great intro, with pictures. Very good looking stable. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.
Thanks much, happy to be here and help where and if I can.

·
Registered
2000 V Star 1100 Classic
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you live in Sacramento? My mom lived there for years,not too far from the Arden Fair Mall

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
nice collection

I can only justify two bikes in my garage - I ride them both about the same amount, for different purposes

·
Registered
2000 V Star 1100 Classic
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice collection

I can only justify two bikes in my garage - I ride them both about the same amount, for different purposes
My wife feels the same as you...LOL... I race in multiple classes that require 2 different bikes for displacement rules. As far as my street bikes, the Shadow was my wife's first bike that she gave up because she prefers a Standard (she rides a Suzuki TU250 now). My Chopper I got for a steal a few years ago with the express intent to sell it to pay for a 14 day self guided motorcycle tour of Ireland and Scotland, but I do still have it and we haven't taken that trip yet...hahahaa. I picked up the V Star for dirt cheap from a guy back in November and I was going to flip it. I decided to keep it and build that Bagger because it is a very good base to start with. It's very comfortable and the 1100 is just beefy enough to have fun but not get into too much trouble. I used to sell pocket bikes years ago, which is why I still have it, and I'm putting one of my Junior riders on my NSR50... Whew, that's a lot isn't it...

·
Registered
2000 V Star 1100 Classic
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just realized, my garage is an absolute catastrophe in that picture...LOL... I promise it is way more organized than that now, albeit, there are V Star parts all over the place as I'm working on it.

·
Registered
2000 V Star 1100 Classic
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from Columbus, OH! A bike to fit every occasion...Nice! Enjoy the forum. Lots of great people here.
Thank you. My wife is from Lancaster, OH. I'm out your way fairly often.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thank you. My wife is from Lancaster, OH. I'm out your way fairly often.
Nice area around Lancaster and south east of there around Old Man's Cave. Have not been there on the bike but plenty of times in the car. Nice hilly, twisty roads there....Problem is sometimes loose gravel gets on those blind turns though after it rains.

·
Registered
2000 V Star 1100 Classic
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice area around Lancaster and south east of there around Old Man's Cave. Have not been there on the bike but plenty of times in the car. Nice hilly, twisty roads there....Problem is sometimes loose gravel gets on those blind turns though after it rains.
Love Old Man's Cave. I've not ridden through there at all. Plan to try to do it this Summer if I have a break during race season to get a road going bike down there.

·
Registered
2000 V Star 1100 Classic
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Those are some nice looking rides you have there. Can't wait to see what you do with the 1100.
Thanks. Being an adult has certainly gotten in the way of my fun with the V Star. I am much further behind than I'd like to be working on the Bagger project. Finished modding, mocking and welding the exhaust nearly two weeks ago, but I've not even gotten time to weld up a couple of mounts so that I can connect the fishtails to the bag supports...ugh... adulting is hard...hahaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts