Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, bought me a 2014 fresh out of the crate 1300 vstar yesterday. Been off 2 wheels for nearly 5 years, and decided to start fresh with a new bike instead of fixing up the old 1300 vtx. Looking forward to starting the process of learning my new ride and adding a few accessories.

·
"Loose Nut"
4,650 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Hi Craze, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Please share some pics of your ride with us. I'm sure you'll enjoy being back in the saddle again, ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome CRAZE to the forum. Once you've experienced the freedom riding a motorcycle and being a proud owner, it stays in your blood! Any pics to show off your ride? Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
I see by your reflection that you are freakishly tall and skinny!

(on the right side of my VS650 I can see my reflection in 5 places).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice ride. You deserve to be riding rather than wrenching. How do you like it compared to the VTX?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
My initial impressions are they're pretty comparable. Both same size and weight feel about the same off the stand. The VTX seat height is a bit lower and feels more like your sitting in the bike the yamaha more like your on the bike. Power wise the honda seems to have a bit more grunt off the line, where the yamaha pulls harder as the rpms build. The VTX runs out of steam as rpms build, but the vstar seems to lug easier at low rpm. Keep in mind I only got 143 miles on it thus far and have not hammered on it hard yet as I'm in the "break in" period. My honda has pegs vs the floor board on the star. Not sure which I like better. The heel toe shifter is going to take some getting used to. Once I get a multi state road trip on the star I might decide i like the floor boards better. Fit and finish on the yamaha seems a bit better than the honda. I think It's going to work out at least as well as my honda did for me and how I use these things.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
you dont need to use the heel shifter
unless your left foot is in a cast up to your knee....

Just shift with your toe like you are use to.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Personally I've grown to like the heel shifter. Took a little getting used to but I find it much easier now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts