Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone. Just got a new Star Venture TC. Wow, what a ride! Long time 2003 V-Star 1100 Classic rider, but never "found" this forum somehow. My loss, for sure. Wife and I had talked about moving from cruiser to a touring bike for the past few years and were certain it would be a GW. Rode the 2018 GW DCT and 2018 SVTC at my dealer and it was an easy choice. The Honda was one smooth and well engineered machine....but I didn't feel like I was riding a motorcycle. Some weird electric scooter feel to it (albeit a very quick scooter). Loved the sound and feel of the Yamaha V-twin. Plus, wife thought the SVTC was much roomier and comfortable - and if she's not happy, no one is happy! Almost one month in and we're still learning about the SVTC and all it's capabilities and extras. Love it! Happy to be here as well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,305 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Les is right, we have several members that have purchased one of the new Ventures, and they are great looking rides. Had a chance to sit on one at a demo ride last year, very impressive, and thanks for including a pic. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,387 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. The SVTC is certainly catching on quick and you're not the first GW rider to convert over to it. Your reasons are the same as everyone else claims - it just feels more like a motorcycle and is more comfortable. I've never ridden a touring bike before but after reading all the positive comments on the new Venture, I have to admit I'm curious to try one.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Welcome, from the Netherlands!

Great looking bike indeed. It is a bit of a shame it will not be imported here, but who knows, maybe in a few years time ....

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seemed to me the new GW is trying to appeal more to the younger crowd/sport bike folks who have "aged". Nice machine, but was not comfortable for the long rides I have planned. Plus (big turn off for me) was they cut the storage compartments down significantly. The SVTC just looked, felt, and sounded like what I was looking for in a touring bike.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Greetings everyone. Just got a new Star Venture TC. Wow, what a ride! Long time 2003 V-Star 1100 Classic rider, but never "found" this forum somehow. My loss, for sure. Wife and I had talked about moving from cruiser to a touring bike for the past few years and were certain it would be a GW. Rode the 2018 GW DCT and 2018 SVTC at my dealer and it was an easy choice. The Honda was one smooth and well engineered machine....but I didn't feel like I was riding a motorcycle. Some weird electric scooter feel to it (albeit a very quick scooter). Loved the sound and feel of the Yamaha V-twin. Plus, wife thought the SVTC was much roomier and comfortable - and if she's not happy, no one is happy! Almost one month in and we're still learning about the SVTC and all it's capabilities and extras. Love it! Happy to be here as well.
WECOME from a fellow SVTC owner in North Carolina!
Another RED one, EXCELLENT!
Hope you can make it to our Maggie Valley meet Sept 20th! Would be AWESOME to have a group of these SVTC’s there.
Look forward to hearing about your ride experiences!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Great looking bike indeed. It is a bit of a shame it will not be imported here, but who knows, maybe in a few years time ....

Kind regards, Wim
Wim - thanks. I work on occasion in the SE NL (Brunssum), less lately than in the past. Love that area and have visited Maastricht many times. Beautiful city and area. Wish I could bring my bike over with me!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hope you can make it to our Maggie Valley meet Sept 20th! Would be AWESOME to have a group of these SVTC’s there.
Thanks Chief! Saw that, but unfortunately will be in VA on work that week. I am heading out to Boone in mid-October to test her in the hills though. Can't wait!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Thanks Chief! Saw that, but unfortunately will be in VA on work that week. I am heading out to Boone in mid-October to test her in the hills though. Can't wait!
Boone is near me! Let me know when and we’ll do it together! Might even be able to get GArider (Rich) to bring his gray one up too! Possible nurtaeff (Oscar) who is a HD rider but great people.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Welcome....and check out our dedicated forum for your SVTC! Lots of good discussion pointers, and such.

May you and your wife, have many, many safe and happy Tour miles upon it. My wife agrees with yours. We moved from a 2008 GL1800 Wing, to our 2018 SVTC, (also red) and my wife has put more 'butt miles' on the SVTC, than on any of our past 5 GoldWing model years, when we got it home and started riding after break in. She loves the feel, sound, ergonomics, the total 'look' of the bike...."she calls it a beauty!"...yep, my wife agrees with yours. She loves the full 18 inches across her shoulder blades, as opposed to the tucked-in feeling she had in the co-rider position on the Wing. She thought the Wing back seat was comfortable, so you can only imagine her level of space and comfort on the SVTC, with more shoulder and hip room. When she is behind me, I don't even feel her there. With our Wings, I always 'felt' that back presence. I joke with her now, through the Intercom (wired), that I sometimes ask, 'ok, back there?'....just to be sure she hasn't fallen off! She just rolls her eyes, when I say that...lol.

Congrats to you and your wife on your new ride. The SVTC/Eluder Forum, is very 'drop in for a coffee' friendly. Great bunch of participants...

Joe

·
Registered
812 Posts

Kind regards, Wim
Could you not import one yourself, from a North American dealer? Then...if you need parts...you'd just order those. You'd have no warranty, but would have the bike....just a thought.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Could you not import one yourself, from a North American dealer? Then...if you need parts...you'd just order those. You'd have no warranty, but would have the bike....just a thought.
Yes, I could, but I just finished updating my Roadliner (ZV1900A Midnight Star over here) over the past 3 years to the tune of 2 new ones in total back when it was new (https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/15-stratoliner-roadliner/115020-saint-john-back.html), so it will have to last for a while longer :). It is almost an SVTC now <ROFL>. Of course, I am not waiting to pay an additional 25% import duty either as it stands right now :) - I reckon it would come close to € 48,000 new right now by the time it arrives here.

I'll just be patient for a while ....

Kind regards, Wim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts