Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2008 Stratoliner Midnight (I think it had a whopping 8 miles on it). Picked it up for $10,400 OTD (tax in the city I bought is almost 10%!), so base price was right around $9400. Decide to buy now since it's a buyer's market and sales really slow down here in the PNW over fall & winter. Have been looking at the Raider, Roadliner and Stratoliner. My first street bike was a 1994 VMax...LOVED IT. I currently also have a fully restored 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750 (looking to sell it now). So, here I am!

-Chris

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Here's your official welcome.Welcome aboard fellow liner rider.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Awesome ChiknNuts - going to Dallas this weekend to pick up my own 2008 midnight strat. Has 3000 miles on her with a few extras already. Engine guard (black), grips, tank bag, rear floorboards, mirrors and helmuts with Scala rider in them. $9200 OTD. I figure thats nothing on the engine, all the extras = the miles.
I am planning on adding the reckless batwing fairing and passing lights to round it out.
I am also thinking about a smoked extra fairing plexiglass to combat the glare also.
I have been shopping around alot, test drove a two color strat here is houston but the deal was not there. I will post pics if I buy it, I have only seen pics so far, so we will see. Love the black out!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M!
WOW, I didn't think there would be any '08 Strat leftovers. And I think your buy price was a decent deal. I bought a leftover last year, I also was not worried about trade in value as I've requested to be laid to rest with me still holding the handlebars. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are a few"new" midnights left on-line. Mostly used. The silver/black cherry 2008 I drove here had almost the same options but 14k miles. Loved the ride, momma loved the comfort. Riding position is much better than my last bike.
Hope the bike is all that the dealer sayes it is.
Great time to a scooter - not a harley.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I've requested to be laid to rest with me still holding the handlebars. ;)
As you have a blue bike, no doubt you'll be rusted in place from stagnation, so your final wish is granted...:D:D

Welcome to OP;) Soon you'll be Strat'n your stuff;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, welcome 'nutz. The Strat is a very nice ride and seems to have a pretty good selection of aftermarket goodies too. Sounds like you got it at a pretty good price, at least compared to prices around here. Good luck with it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts