Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I recently upgraded to the Stratoliner from a Vstar 1300. I love the power and Torque of the Strat, but not wild about the way it eats tires.
I had to change the rear at 5,716 Miles. Quite a shock compared to the 1300. But then again I see that is standard from everyone on the Forum.
I have been riding constantly since 2007 and just purchased the 09 Strat, June 29th. Already over 6,400 miles and counting.
I hope to add to the forum as well as enjoy the posts of other members for Mods and issues they encounter. So far, i can't complain.
Drop a line or just say hello.

Thanks for listening.

Fergy

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Thanks for listening.

Fergy

hmmmmmmmmmm, I see, please continue...

Welcome to the 4M.
Yes that was low miles on the rear tire. I don't baby my rear tire, in fact, far from it, and I got 7500~8000 out of it. Actually 8500 is estimated because I changed it due to it was off while I changed out a damaged drive belt.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, nice choice, other than the tire issue it is a heck of a bike to ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome. I did post some pics of my Strat in the (See Fergy's Ride). It is an 09 Two tone, Silver and Ivory. I already added a few accessories. Batwing Fairing, Leather Pro Trunk, Quick disconnect Luggage rack, Big bars, risers, and Mustang seats. Still a few goodies I want, but think I will wait for a while.
I love to take long rides. Been to Stardays 2008 - 2011. Couldn't make the Reno trip due to illness, but I had planned on going. Was a great disapointment for sure. My best trip so far was to Billing, MT. Bear tooth pass was just the best.
I wish I had the Strat then, but the 1300 did just fine.
I have a few electronics I need to mount, but a bit leary of removing the Gas tank as I hear it is a job for more than one person. I watched a Youtube video of a guy who parked his on a stool, but with some folks telling me about the aluminum hoses and that they are easy to damage, I am holding off. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? I would be glad to hear. I need to mount my Power Point, Heated gear connections, and my J&M unit.

Looking forward to your replys.

Fergy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts