Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New Stratoliner owner

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Springer 
#1 ·
Hello from Cleveland Ohio (close anyway),
I just purchased a new to me 2007 Stratoliner with 19000 miles. My prior bikes include a CB350, CB750, VT1100, GS650, Valkyrie Standard, and most recently an ST1300 (which I sold to get the Stratoliner.) I have always joined forums for the bikes that I own, and have always found them very informative and helpful. I look forward to learning from all of you...

Thanks,

Mohan

#2 ·
Good choice

Mohan,

I live near Warren, not to far away. Sometimes ride with the local Star group. Had my 06 Stratoliner for 5 seasons but, four years. Fourtyfive thousand miles. No trouble, love it.

Different bike than your ST 1300. Different style of riding. Bet that HP was tough.

Dave

#3 ·
Glad to hear you are enjoying yours.. I have missed having a V-twin. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and let me get some time in the saddle before it's time to put it up. What do you do to all that chrome to protect it over the winter? The ST had none, so I never worried about it...

Mohan

#4 ·
Winter

Mohan,

I don't do anything special to the chrome but is does have some wax on it.

My bike is stored in a non heated garage. I put a cover on it, and use a trouble light to put a light bulb under the bike. Hopefully this will make it just a little warmer and no moisture will collect. I use a trouble light so there is no danger of the bulb touching anything. I use a battery tender on the battery.

Dave

#6 ·
Hello from Cleveland Ohio (close anyway),
I just purchased a new to me 2007 Stratoliner ...VT1100..
Mohan

Welcome. I went from a VT1100C to a GL1500 to an '07 Strat. Might have been the transition sequence, but I find the Strat handles a great deal like the VT1100C despite the 300lb weight difference. Looking to put a set of Yamaha Touring handlebars on mine in the Spring; loved the buckhorns on the Honda and I think the Yamaha touring bars will give me back the same kind of control input I liked so well.

Enjoy your ride.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.